Coach Hall Contract Extension

Deleted member 2897

The current coaching staff under contract for next 3 seasons (Ramsey & Borrell thru 2022). CDH for next 4 (thru 2023).

https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-announces-baseball-staff-agreements/

Scratch the theory on retirement when the Hall sons are done.

Maybe, maybe not. Hall is a Junior, and so he could play through the 2021 season theoretically. So that's still years away. This contract may be as much for recruits to see the continuity and predictability as much as anything else. CDH could still retire in a couple years.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe, maybe not. Hall is a Junior, and so he could play through the 2021 season theoretically. So that's still years away. This contract may be as much for recruits to see the continuity and predictability as much as anything else. CDH could still retire in a couple years.
Fair enough... your point is still valid even with this question. Do you think Colin will stick around for his Sr year? ...or is he potentially slotting high enough in draft to leave after 3 years? I honestly don't know. I do not track draft stuff. I rely on folks here to feed me those nuggets.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough... your point is still valid even with this question. Do you think Colin will stick around for his Sr year? ...or is he potentially slotting high enough in draft to leave after 3 years? I honestly don't know. I do not track draft stuff. I rely on folks here to feed me those nuggets.
Colin will probably be a mid round draft pick this year, somewhere between 10-20. Will that be enough to lure him away? I doubt it. He’s not as projectable as Baron simply due to his size, but he is a much better outfielder. If he has around the same year average wise as he did last year (.310) but adds some power numbers he might sneak up a little higher. I really think he’ll stick around for his senior year to try and get to Omaha, barring a trip this year. There’s a ton of young talent on the team this year, and with all the probable draft picks there won’t be any upperclassmen left to lead next year. Waddel, Baron, Wilhite, Hughes, will all be gone either via the draft or eligibility. Hurter may also join that group, even though it’s unlikely he pitches at all this season.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Colin will probably be a mid round draft pick this year, somewhere between 10-20. Will that be enough to lure him away? I doubt it. He’s not as projectable as Baron simply due to his size, but he is a much better outfielder. If he has around the same year average wise as he did last year (.310) but adds some power numbers he might sneak up a little higher. I really think he’ll stick around for his senior year to try and get to Omaha, barring a trip this year. There’s a ton of young talent on the team this year, and with all the probable draft picks there won’t be any upperclassmen left to lead next year. Waddel, Baron, Wilhite, Hughes, will all be gone either via the draft or eligibility. Hurter may also join that group, even though it’s unlikely he pitches at all this season.
Good stuff! Thank you. Both you & TStan invoking the "O" word. Let's do that!!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
For levity purposes only... this might be an "everybody gets a trophy" award. ?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but match my level of levity, please. :)

Seriously... Congrats to CDH! The future is bright with his baseball program!!

I still don’t see DH hanging around once Colin leaves, whether that be via the draft of graduation. Colin’s still got 2 years of eligibility because of corona, and scouts will have seen a ton of him by the time next year’s draft comes around. In a perfect world, the 2021 season isn’t impacted by the pandemic, and things go on as normal. If there is ever going to be a year to make it to Omaha, it’s next year. A rotation anchored by a possible first rounder in Hurter, followed by a potential top 5 rounder in Roedig, then you’ve got Bartnicki and Maxwell following them. A bullpen loaded with talent, that will have a little experience under their belt, with veteran leadership in Archer and Chapman. Waddel and Colin leading another young lineup with a lot of talent. There’s a lot to look forward to in 2021, and the perfect storm sees Colin getting drafted and CDH walking out of college baseball after a dogpile in Omaha. Lord knows he deserves to see a dogpile somewhere, hopefully 2 of them at the newly upgraded RCS. Colin was 9 years old the last time a Tech team dogpiled after a regional.