1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Coach Collins Interview

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Em_Jae20, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Em_Jae20

Em_Jae20 Helluva Engineer

Coach Collins continuing to sell the program like always. Nothing was said that a lot of us haven't already heard, but I love the way he is selling and building the GT brand. Also am I wrong for feeling some type of way about seeing Shapiro in a GT shirt? But in typical Coach Collins fashion, he let him know that it was the wrong brand and that they'd be receiving some 3 stripe care packages(y)

2. herb

herb Helluva Engineer

Always good enthusiasm and positiveness. I am also glad someone will be getting some new merchandise, though it would be nice if the people who are actually fans, graduates and go to the games could get some too. Thanks for sharing

Gtbowhunter90 likes this.
  3. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

CGC is a corporate sponsor's dream. Always repping the school, but repping our partnerships as well.

IF/when he leaves coaching, he's going to make a mint in the business world if that's what he decides to pursue.

augustabuzz, yrp and GT14 like this.
  4. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

The only down side I can see from this is that Coach was being civil to … Steak Shapiro?

I mean, if there is one guy that needs to be treated with barely concealed contempt by everyone who knows anything about football, no matter what their affiliation, it's Steak.

But other then that … ok, I guess.

5. GT14

GT14 Ramblin' Wreck

We need as many friends as we can get. It is as important, if not more important, to be civil with and nice to Steak and other figures who have not been friends of the program than to the average radio host.

6. Sebastian GT

Sebastian GT Helluva Engineer

"Also am I wrong for feeling some type of way about seeing Shapiro in a GT shirt?"

No you're not wrong. Steak Shapiro is probably the biggest piece of **** in the Atlanta media market.

7. jojatk

jojatk Helluva Engineer

True. But he has a microphone and if being nice to him gets him to use that microphone to say Go Jackets in a positive way more often than he ever has and gives that microphone to CGC more often then I'm all for it (though I still won't listen to Steak).

wreck1 and GT14 like this.
  8. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

Interesting hearing him talk up Tobias so much. Said he is as athletic a player he has been around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojatk likes this.
  9. 4shotB

4shotB Helluva Engineer

No doubt he has the tools to be successful in the business world but he's got a pretty sweet gig right now in terms of $. He's not going to make that kind of cash many places working for someone else.

10. GCdaJuiceMan

GCdaJuiceMan Helluva Engineer

“Keeps your friends close and your enemies closer” - especially those with access to (potentially)millions of ears.

wreck1, GT14 and YellowJacketFan2018 like this.
  11. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Lots of "cut the nose to spite the face" going on. That's what we GT fans do though...

jojatk and smokey_wasp like this.
  12. Kmag

Kmag Ramblin' Wreck

Love this guy around the media! Loved coach, but Paul hated talking to the media and it’s nice to hear someone with some excitement. I hope our fans can be patient with him. I really think he can be a great coach, but these next couple of seasons are going to have some growing pains. Why does everyone hate Steak? I feel like he talks tech when they are worth talking about. I know I’m in the minority, but I really like the morning crew. Plus, we need all the friends we can get.

Beerbrewingjacket likes this.
  13. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer

Shoot we knew that already. Defenses cant hardly drag him to the ground. If he shows arm strength and accuracy, he could be elite

flak, MidtownJacket and H-Wade like this.
  14. H-Wade

H-Wade Helluva Engineer

Yeah he was the best player on the team last year IMO. He should've never been taken out of the USF game and shoulda started the rest of the year.. but that's water under the bridge now. :)

flak and Gtbowhunter90 like this.
  15. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

Iirc, TM performed well when he came back in. We were scuttled by a very untimely runningback turnover and then again by a drive killing hold.

MidtownJacket likes this.
  16. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Coach sewak played virtually zero subs. We cheered when a mist of rain fell on us.
    We lost that game in the locker room when someone decided to use 5 freshmen to cover kick off to Olympic sprinter. Gt is in record book for allowing 2 kick off td in a row.

Iirc
    Drive killing hold was 80 yds from pay dirt

Tqm was one of the most courageous gt players i can remember . Players said he played great even when hurt.

2 ko returns in a row and we are blaming holding call and qb for loss.
    Usf, bg, lousiville, vt all played a packed in defense w safety back. Cpj kicked thier axx.

MidtownJacket likes this.
  17. H-Wade

H-Wade Helluva Engineer

He did fine on that drive, I just think Oliver was better. And it showed the rest of the year as well.

Kennethshannon20 likes this.
  18. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

Plenty of mistakes in that one, did not mean to blame one more than any other. But that doesn’t excuse any one of them.

19. 33jacket

33jacket Helluva Engineer

Yeah. Tm was not the problem in that game for sure imo. Sp teams. Defense. Fumbles by others

But. tob ol was definitely a player with higher upside. Probably would not have mattered last year though.

20. Go4Tech

Go4Tech Ramblin' Wreck

Wow. This type of leadership is infectious.

IF the team buys in, the potential basically becomes unlimited.

If the team truly does not buy in, then the converse is true.....