Coach Collins has lost to a FCS school two straight years

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, he lost to Villanova last year. And then Temple finished 7-1 in conference and won 8 of their last 10 games. The Temple players and coaches didn't give up and we've got to hope ours don't either. For what it's worth, Temple knocked off a ranked Maryland team yesterday 20-17. The state Collins left that program seems solid, but it clearly took him time to get it right.
Unfortunately, this is factually incorrect. It took a couple of years for Matt Rhule to get Temple right. Temple won 10 games in 2015 and 2016, the two years preceding Collins. Temple then won 7 and 8 games under Collins. I'm hopeful that if Temple wins 10 again this year, that we did not hire the coach who would have overseen the under-performing blip in Temple's recent history.

Animal02

Banned
Well have some optimism at least, gt can't afford to dump him this early. Will you at least give him a season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
He will be here two seasons no doubt.......but if the losing continues with the sideline clown show........it won't be any more.

Apparently Temple had the same issues with "Money down" and his other gimmicks that Tech fans have.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, this is factually incorrect. It took a couple of years for Matt Rhule to get Temple right. Temple won 10 games in 2015 and 2016, the two years preceding Collins. Temple then won 7 and 8 games under Collins. I'm hopeful that if Temple wins 10 again this year, that we did not hire the coach who would have overseen the under-performing blip in Temple's recent history.

The players were for Rhule’s offense. Collins needed 7 years to get his guys into the system.

Animal02

Banned
If GT wins 1 game this season and is not much better in 2020 then 2021 will be the make or break season for Geoff Collins. I think in that kind of situation GT would be forced to pay his buyout after possibly the 3rd season.
If it will not be possible for CGC to break .500 over a three year period, after year two......Tech will not be able to afford to keep him.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I am not down on collins. He is running a good program. His practices are good. His conditioning program. His recruiting. How he has set up the D will be good. His attention to detail is generally good.

He screwed up. He was unprepared and caught. He knows it. His team did not prepare this week like they should have. They know it. He stressed it all week. They know it.

I dont like pat. He either gets it straight or needs to go. That will be on collins.

But i am not down on the fundamentals of this program right now. The base he is building behind the scenes is good and will pay off. Will take some time.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
If it will not be possible for CGC to break .500 over a three year period, after year two......Tech will not be able to afford to keep him.
Hyperbole aside, this aligns with my concern. I hope that CGC rights the ship and we win some games this year, but next year's schedule is rough. If we are some combination of 6-18 over his first two years, that 3rd year will have to see significant improvement to keep people off his seat. Worst case, if we go 2-10 this year and 3-9 next year, he might be gone. Hopefully, it doesn't come to that. I don't want him to leave, I just want him to stop with the gimmick stuff and get a new OC.

I am not down on collins. He is running a good program. His practices are good. His conditioning program. His recruiting. How he has set up the D will be good. His attention to detail is generally good.

He screwed up. He was unprepared and caught. He knows it. His team did not prepare this week like they should have. They know it. He stressed it all week. They know it.

I dont like pat. He either gets it straight or needs to go. That will be on collins.

But i am not down on the fundamentals of this program right now. The base he is building behind the scenes is good and will pay off. Will take some time.
Unfortunately, I don't think we have time. We were expected to be down this year, but certainly not like what we saw yesterday. If he doesn't get things in order FAST, neither he nor GT football will survive.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, I don't think we have time. We were expected to be down this year, but certainly not like what we saw yesterday. If he doesn't get things in order FAST, neither he nor GT football will survive.

The point of the 7 year contract was to give him time. He is far more supported than u can imagine behind the scenes with whose opinions matter

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
The point of the 7 year contract was to give him time. He is far more supported than u can imagine behind the scenes with whose opinions matter
What does that support look like after yesterday? What will that support look like if we finish 2-10 this year and Ugag fans are clowning our coach? Certainly, the pressure would be increased, correct?

I doubt a single one of those who wanted to give him time thought we would lose to a 0-2 FCS team in his first year. I wonder how many of those "behind the scenes" might be reconsidering their thoughts now. I think I would be.

GTFLETCH

Banned

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The only problem I have with him is his pick for OC . We will see if he makes a change after this season. ( also not crazy about dancing and jumping up and down on the sidelines losing to a FSC team) and he has got support but if anyone thinks he is safe for 7 years if we keep losing their opinions are poo poo and those who would still support him will need lots of money to keep this program going.