Coach Collins doing SB53 media rounds

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20190128-125751_Chrome.jpg

Milwaukee

Banned
Pretty much the same message we've been hearing for weeks. Collins did fine. Pastner's interview was much better since he and Rome have a previous relationship.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Heard the interview on 929 the Game. Pretty standard stuff however a few things caught my attention.

-CGC was asked about the QBs he inherited and whether they could run the kind of offense he wanted to install. He indicated he looked at their HS film and was pleasantly surprised with the talent they had. Called each of them tremendous athletes that can also throw the ball well.

-Mentioned GT should be an elite program that will do things the right way. He and the staff will relentlessly recruit and allow the results on the field to take care of itself.

-Interviewers (Rick and John) tried to get CGC to throw shade on CPJs offense. I thought CGC handled it flawless by simply focusing on what he hoped his style of offense will do. They also tried to get CGC to throw shade on Kirby by asking if he thought Coach Dan Mullen would surpass the dwags. They obviously did not realize the CGC also worked with Kirby while at Alabama in addition to working with Mullen at Miss St. The question was answered with CGC focusing on what each coach was doing at their respective schools to improve their programs without doing any comparisons.

All in all, it is good to hear the excitement from the ATL media in talking about our program.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
-Interviewers (Rick and John) tried to get CGC to throw shade on CPJs offense. I thought CGC handled it flawless by simply focusing on what he hoped his style of offense will do. ....

At the very end of Jim Rome's show, Geoff mentioned how he's got to get some TE's because there hasn't been a TE on campus in the past 11 years (or STTE). He wasn't slamming the previous regime but the look on his face was more of incredulity than anything and almost a chuckle in his speech that there hadn't been a TE on campus for that long. I took it as more playful than anything.