Clinton Lynch...an appreciation thread

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
As we approach signing day, I am reminded of a guy who was a last minute addition a couple years ago, and not given a ton of attention at the time.

After his redshirt sophomore year, Clinton Lynch has 1629 yards from scrimmage. If he were merely to maintain that level of production, and see no improvement, he would finish his career 7th or 8th in the history of Georgia Tech football.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/georgia-tech/rushing.html (sort by scrimmage yards).

It is entirely within the realm of reason that as he become more of a featured A-Back, he could crack the top 5.

So far, so good for a 2 star who committed on February 4th.

Deleted member 2897

As we approach signing day, I am reminded of a guy who was a last minute addition a couple years ago, and not given a ton of attention at the time.

After his redshirt sophomore year, Clinton Lynch has 1629 yards from scrimmage. If he were merely to maintain that level of production, and see no improvement, he would finish his career 7th or 8th in the history of Georgia Tech football.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/georgia-tech/rushing.html (sort by scrimmage yards).

It is entirely within the realm of reason that as he become more of a featured A-Back, he could crack the top 5.

Last year he nearly led the nation in yards per touch with 53 touches and a combined 905 yards and 8 TDs. He scored more than 1 of every 7 times he touched the ball.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Last year's late addition was Ajani Kerr as a DB. I wonder if all the new DB's in this class mean we won't ever really see Ajani

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
All he does is make plays. Remember when CPJ said he was trying to get on the bus before the 2015 season. Amazing how far he's come.

Wow, I knew he had made a lot of big plays for us, but that's astounding.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
All he does is make plays. Remember when CPJ said he was trying to get on the bus before the 2015 season. Amazing how far he's come.

Right after signing day there was an article which quoted his high school coach predicting that CL would be a very pleasant surprise for GT. He was glowing in his praise for CL. Clinton played WR on a team with a lot of stars who got the attention but his HS coach, and apparently CPJ, were very aware of his skills and potential. He got no attention as a freshman so he must have emerged late in the Fall Camp of his RS freshman year when "he made it on the bus". Kudos to CPJ for recognizing the AB skills potential very early on.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Also the last scholarship given when that punk RB went to UGA seconds after he committed to us so he could be a 4 year tackling dummy for the Mutts. Yea, he did see the field enough to have some critical fumbles and incur the wrath of the UGA fans.

P.J. DAVIS!!! What a 2 Stars Steal for GT. He was on his way to Temple but flipped to us IMMEDIATELY!!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

He seems to have just enough of a burst and speed to make big chunks of yardage with a little space.