Clemson

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well it’s right up above. We were arguing over whether Dabo was being a greedy bastard, and then you said aren’t you old people against participation trophies. The conversation had nothing to do with that. It was a pointless comment trying to pick a fight. The risk of kicking a 61 yard field goal in the rain was ridiculously high - he was showing off and got too greedy. You should have kept to arguing about whether that was a smart decision or not.
What I said is not a personal insult. Mentioning someone’s age is not insulting. I’m not even sure how you can take it that way. You said that Clemson was running up the score. I don’t think it’s possible to run up the score before halftime. It’s a fallacy, because the game isn’t close to being over. I really don’t care whether his decision to kick a FG was smart or not, that wasn’t my point. My snarky comment about participation trophies a joke, referencing how the older generation complains that the younger generations are becoming soft due to participation trophies. I think complaining about somebody running up the score before the half is soft. If you’re offended by that, my bad.

As an apology I will offer you a trophy for participating in this discussion :D. Please accept it, and we can move on.

Deleted member 2897

What I said is not a personal insult. Mentioning someone’s age is not insulting. I’m not even sure how you can take it that way. You said that Clemson was running up the score. I don’t think it’s possible to run up the score before halftime. It’s a fallacy, because the game isn’t close to being over. I really don’t care whether his decision to kick a FG was smart or not, that wasn’t my point. My snarky comment about participation trophies a joke, referencing how the older generation complains that the younger generations are becoming soft due to participation trophies. I think complaining about somebody running up the score before the half is soft. If you’re offended by that, my bad.

As an apology I will offer you a trophy for participating in this discussion :D. Please accept it, and we can move on.

I didn’t say mentioning my age was an insult.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Calm down, this is supposed to be a relaxing thread. Save your saltiness for the game day chat!!!

1602382850006.gif

BTW, the Bama-Ole Miss game is much more entertaining than either ACC gameright now. By several orders of magnitude!

Deleted member 2897

The Clemson game just got a lot more interesting - Trevor Lawrence is down on the ground injured. Miami just introduced him to a cocaine sandwich.

Deleted member 2897

Best part of this game tonight is King pooping all down his leg. Listening to the lady and the one announcer not shut up about him and his “Heisman potential” was so annoying last night.

When we play them we gotta make King throw. Very very few of his throes were on target.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson’s defense was great last night. If it weren’t for a 4th quarter drive by Miami, Miami’s offensive yards would have been similar to their penalty yards. It was nice to see another team struggle kicking as Clemson had three kicks blocked (the one at the end of the half was Dabo’s fault). The final score would have been worse if Dabo didn’t gift 7 points to Miami.

We need to find a way to establish a run game. If you take away the 15 QB rush attempts, Miami running backs only managed 11 yds on 10 carries. The QB king did manage one 56 yd run but Miami only had 89 yds rushing for the game.

Deleted member 2897

Clemson’s defense was great last night. If it weren’t for a 4th quarter drive by Miami, Miami’s offensive yards would have been similar to their penalty yards. It was nice to see another team struggle kicking as Clemson had three kicks blocked (the one at the end of the half was Dabo’s fault). The final score would have been worse if Dabo didn’t gift 7 points to Miami.

We need to find a way to establish a run game. If you take away the 15 QB rush attempts, Miami running backs only managed 11 yds on 10 carries. The QB king did manage one 56 yd run but Miami only had 89 yds rushing for the game.

Pittsburgh missed multiple kicks too, including a PAT in overtime that ended the game 31-30 against Boston College.

When we play Clemson, we won’t need to kick anything other than PATs - you can’t kick field goals against Clemson - you have to score touchdowns. They are a well oiled machine.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There is less than .1% chance we beat Clemson. They will have the best offense and defense we’ve seen all year by a mile.

Our best chance is they come out really flat, we score early and force a couple turnovers. But they play Syracuse after us so they won’t be looking past us.

My hope is we string together some nice drives to give Sims more confidence, we showcase Gibbs more (to help with recruiting), we get some young guys playing time on defense (Meigez, Franks, Ivey, and maybe Brooks) and we make some kicks to give our kicker some confidence for the rest of the season. Most importantly, we stay healthy.

I’ll still be watching and pulling for a win though.
We will lose by around 30

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Trevor Lawrence is down on the ground injured. Miami just introduced him to a cocaine sandwich.
Was that the play where they called targeting on the guy for hitting Lawrence in the stomach? That was absolute bull****. That was the ACC protecting Lawrence because he is Trevor Lawrence, nothing more. If that were any other QB they would not have called that, it wasn't even close to targeting. No helmet to helmet contact, no launching, no force to the head or neck area.. how was it targeting?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Was that the play where they called targeting on the guy for hitting Lawrence in the stomach? That was absolute bull****. That was the ACC protecting Lawrence because he is Trevor Lawrence, nothing more. If that were any other QB they would not have called that, it wasn't even close to targeting. No helmet to helmet contact, no launching, no force to the head or neck area.. how was it targeting?
According to the targeting rule there's one condition you did not list. "Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet." The way I read this it means that if you, the attacking player, lower your head and initiate contact with the other player using the crown of your helmet, regardless of where you hit that other player, you are guilty of targeting. Seems like it met that condition:

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
According to the targeting rule there's one condition you did not list. "Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet." The way I read this it means that if you, the attacking player, lower your head and initiate contact with the other player using the crown of your helmet, regardless of where you hit that other player, you are guilty of targeting. Seems like it met that condition:

That seems weak, but okay. It seems to me that they just change the rule for what targeting is every year.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson has a terrific defense and a very consistent offense with top of the line talent. I would like to see us be competitive in the first half because the reality is they will run a lot more plays than we do because I see quite a few 3 and outs for us and very few for Clemson. The only way we could even hang close is to have a big turnover margin like we did with Louisville. I don't think that would be enough but at least would keep the score from getting completely out of hand. Clemson is a 26 point favorite.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
That seems weak, but okay. It seems to me that they just change the rule for what targeting is every year.

It gets updated often, but that would be targeting for at least a few years. Forcible contact with the crown of the helmet + indicator (getting into launch position). It's pretty clear.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Ha ha ha, Dabo is such a clown, trying to run the score up. I hate Miami, but Dabo deserves the kick six in his face at the first half buzzer.

Dabo “that was a terrible decision by me”. Damn straight, clown.

Like 22 first Downs to 3. Miami had more penalty yards than offense, but now instead of 21-3 at half its 21-10. LOL.
Lord, please let us be "Dabo clownish" Saturday.

Deleted member 2897

Lord, please let us be "Dabo clownish" Saturday.

Well, if we are faced with a 61 yard kick in the rain even with Butker, we shouldn’t take it. Hail Mary. Kneel. Running play. Miami had a guy deep to return a short kick too. Nothing good was coming out of that.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, if we are faced with a 61 yard kick in the rain even with Butker, we shouldn’t take it. Hail Mary. Kneel. Running play. Miami had a guy deep to return a short kick too. Nothing good was coming out of that.
I ain't talking bout the ill fated fg decision. Taking a program like Bama to the woodshed a couple of times would be plenty clownish enuf for me.