Clemson

Deleted member 2897

I don't think I'd have tried the FG there, but how would that be running up the score? There's an entire half left to play.

That’s what running up the score is - scoring when you’re way head to rub it in. Trying a 61 yard field goal in the rain - he was just trying to rub it in. He deserves what he got. He’s a clown.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Clemson really dominating this game, but credit to Miami for making some plays to keep it close. Dabo got greedy at the end.

That TE Galloway is gonna be trouble for us, along with the best QB in CFB and one of the better running backs too. Oh also their 5 star WRs.
Can we hang? If they bring their D game maybe

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Who do you think gets the job of covering Etienne out of the backfield for passes?

Anyone but the LB wearing a single digit!
1602380055647.gif

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
You know there’s always a chance. Just trying to be realistic. But ole miss is duking it out with Bama so anything can happen.
I just think Clemson is clearly the best team in the country this season.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So 21 points is good enough for the whole game? That doesn't make any sense. This wasn't last drive of the game up 18.
Georgia has already won 2 games this year by 20+ points after they trailed at halftime. I don’t see how attempting a field goal up 18 is “running up the score.” If they were up by 25 and kicked the FG, maybe. But claiming somebody is “running up the score” in the first half is kinda ridiculous anyway.

Deleted member 2897

Georgia has already won 2 games this year by 20+ points after they trailed at halftime. I don’t see how attempting a field goal up 18 is “running up the score.” If they were up by 25 and kicked the FG, maybe. But claiming somebody is “running up the score” in the first half is kinda ridiculous anyway.

Well Dabo fessed up on the way off the field, so good for him. It would be like going for it on 4th on your side of the field with 45 seconds left up 21-3...when the other team has more penalty yards than offense. Miami is doing nothing. A 61 yard field goal in the rain. He was a greedy show off. And it got shoved in that clowns face. He seemed to have learned from it, so that’s good.

Deleted member 2897

Miami has 10 penalties for 80 yards at halftime. Against 79 offensive yards...56 on 1 play. LOL.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
You know there’s always a chance. Just trying to be realistic. But ole miss is duking it out with Bama so anything can happen.
I just think Clemson is clearly the best team in the country this season.

Whachu talking about Willis?
Self-declared pre-season national champs 😂
1602380626280.jpeg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well Dabo fessed up on the way off the field, so good for him. It would be like going for it on 4th on your side of the field with 45 seconds left up 21-3...when the other team has more penalty yards than offense. Miami is doing nothing. A 61 yard field goal in the rain. He was a greedy show off. And it got shoved in that clowns face. He seemed to have learned from it, so that’s good.
No, it’s not even close. It doesn’t matter what the other team has done to that point in the game. An 18 point halftime lead is not insurmountable. You always score as much as you can before the half. You can always back off if you need to at the end of the game, but you can’t go back and add points if you give away opportunities in order to avoid “running up the score.” Texas was down 2 touchdowns with 2 minutes to go in the game vs. Texas Tech and came back to win the game.

I agree with some of the other posters here that a Hail Mary would’ve probably been the better play call in the situation, but running up the score in the first half of a game is not a thing, nor has it ever been. Ain’t y’all older folks supposed to be the ones against participation trophies?

Deleted member 2897

No, it’s not even close. It doesn’t matter what the other team has done to that point in the game. An 18 point halftime lead is not insurmountable. You always score as much as you can before the half. You can always back off if you need to at the end of the game, but you can’t go back and add points if you give away opportunities in order to avoid “running up the score.” Texas was down 2 touchdowns with 2 minutes to go in the game vs. Texas Tech and came back to win the game.

I agree with some of the other posters here that a Hail Mary would’ve probably been the better play call in the situation, but running up the score in the first half of a game is not a thing, nor has it ever been. Ain’t y’all older folks supposed to be the ones against participation trophies?

Well maybe pass that advice onto Dabo. He said it was a terrible decision. The announcers said they thought it was probably the single worst coaching decision of his career.

Also, stop with the personal insults. It’s not even an accurate reasoned attack and it’s irrelevant to the topic too. It’s a bad look.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well maybe pass that advice onto Dabo. He said it was a terrible decision. The announcers said they thought it was probably the single worst coaching decision of his career.

Also, stop with the personal insults. It’s not even an accurate reasoned attack and it’s irrelevant to the topic too. It’s a bad look.
Personal insults? Dude? I didn’t even say anything close to being a personal insult lol. But whatever dude. I hope having the announcers agree with your opinion makes your night better :). Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Deleted member 2897

Personal insults? Dude? I didn’t even say anything close to being a personal insult lol. But whatever dude. I hope having the announcers agree with your opinion makes your night better :). Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Well it’s right up above. We were arguing over whether Dabo was being a greedy bastard, and then you said aren’t you old people against participation trophies. The conversation had nothing to do with that. It was a pointless comment trying to pick a fight. The risk of kicking a 61 yard field goal in the rain was ridiculously high - he was showing off and got too greedy. You should have kept to arguing about whether that was a smart decision or not.