Clemson v Ohio State

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A while back in the Heisman discussion, there was talk about Watson deserving the Heisman. Here's an article (with neat videos embedded) showing all Watson's fifteen interceptions this year. Most were his fault. But he's good enough most of the time to have a 150+ QBR.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...n-stats-interceptions-clemson-ohio-state-2016

Bottom line, for Clemson to win, Watson can't get sloppy. (Our int turned into a safety was the worst karma play all year. We probably wouldn't have won with a touch back, but the safety and putting our defense back on the field to get further raped took us out of it.) I've picked Clemson to win it all, based more on emotion than rational thought. Rationally I'd give them a 10% chance to beat Ohio State and Alabama. Maybe a 20% chance to beat Ohio State and Washington.

I hope Watson goes pro this year and would recommend it if he were my kid. Look at big mobile QBs in the NFL. You want to get there with as little damage as possible to maximize your NFL career. People think he'll stay around?

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Watson is a great QB, he is young and does make a lot of mistakes. I see a lot of Winston in him at times. I think when he gets to the NFL with the quality of QB coach he will get there he will be a long term NFL QB. Hopefully for his sake he lands somewhere other than the Browns. I think he will struggle though vs Ohio State, if you look at the teams Clemson has struggled against this year they are teams that play a physical line. Ohio State will be the most physical line they play all year long. They will be in the back field disrupting plays all day long. We will need to see the mobile Watson of the past in order for the tigers to pull out the W.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Think Watson will go pro this year?

The closer we get to the game, the more I want Clemson to win. For overall ACC recognition. Beating a mid-west powerhouse will help the ACC stature a lot.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

The closer we get to the game, the more I want Clemson to win. For overall ACC recognition. Beating a mid-west powerhouse will help the ACC stature a lot.

He's already announced he's going to the NFL after this season. He took an accelerated course load when he enrolled so he could graduate and leave after his JR year.

Clemson is going to be LOADED at QB. They have a 5 star QB coming in this season on top of the 4 star QB being redshirted. On top of that, they have the #1 OVERALL player in next year's class who happens to be a QB that just committed a few weeks ago. 2 of the 3 QBs on that roster will be from GA. I don't see a droppoff at that position for them.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
He's already announced he's going to the NFL after this season. He took an accelerated course load when he enrolled so he could graduate and leave after his JR year.

Clemson is going to be LOADED at QB. They have a 5 star QB coming in this season on top of the 4 star QB being redshirted. On top of that, they have the #1 OVERALL player in next year's class who happens to be a QB that just committed a few weeks ago. 2 of the 3 QBs on that roster will be from GA. I don't see a droppoff at that position for them.

This pretty much sums it up. He is a great guy from everything I have heard about him and living in Clemsux Territory the fans love him. I think it would be a very bad decision for him to stick through another year. The NFL is very QB deficient this year and it should be his best opportunity to go high with no more risk to his already damaged legs.

And that new guy coming in is a Stud. Pretty hair too lol

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

This. If CU beats tOSU and fsu beats Mich, then all the talk of the B1G as best conf can go.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ohio State runs part of the high school offense too ..... Clemson is in trouble since OSU has better athletes. 6 yard average on a "dive" ...... sounds like the way to open up EVERYTHING else.

""It's not like he takes it and just runs a quarterback ISO, and they'll do that too," Venables said. "Usually there's another component, whether it's formationally, there's tempo, there's an edge run that's tied into it, an outside run, a read. He's doing what the defensive end is telling him to do, just like (Justin Thomas) does at Georgia Tech. If that end is crashing, he's pulling it. If he heads up the field, he's ducking it."

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2016/12/why_can_jt_barrett_pick_up_con.html

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
balltouch.0.gif

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Is that Bouleware? If so, he was in on a similar play against Louisville's qb as well as taunting JT. That guy needs some counseling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk