Clemson v Ohio St

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Penalty was dead ball. So it is after possession changed.
Clemson let them hang around, with a little ref help.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
The penalty was unsportsmanship with a hit out of bounds. It was after the play was over on a 4th down attempt. They were short of the first down, but then the penalty should have given them the yardage and a first down.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Weird, I saw the tail end of the replay, saw the hit and flag. Thought, okay that's a 1st down regardless of the spot. Flipped over to see what was going on the Mizzou game and came back to see tsou with ball! Just don't understand how it could be a dead ball when the his occurred as the player just went out of bounds?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Bad clock management ended up boomeranging on Dab uh-oh. With a minute and a half left in 2nd and facing a 3rd and 5 he just about jumped out of his panties to call a TO. He should have let the clock run and in the event they didn't get the 1st down TOSU would not have had time to score.

The penalty was unsportsmanship with a hit out of bounds. It was after the play was over on a 4th down attempt. They were short of the first down, but then the penalty should have given them the yardage and a first down.

If a QB had been hit going out of bounds the same exact way they would have let the offense keep the ball and it would have been a 1st down.

I don't know why the ruling was different for a RB or WR.

I thought it should have called as a continuation of the play like they usually call it, late hit, 15-yd. penalty, the hit was while the runner was on the white, no way that could have been interpreted as a dead ball foul.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought unsportsmanlike conduct carried and automatic first down. No matter. 3 min and change left in the game and clemson just got either a fumble or interception. I'm not sure which.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I am glad for Dabo. I have read part of the history of his childhood and growing up. He had a rough time and persevered taking care of his mother. He understands people and hard times. I am sure all of his players really love and appreciate him. I am sure he treats his players well and they play hard for him. Congratulations to Dabo and Clemson.