Clemson under Swinney

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Since they are charging $90.00 a seat for visitors (who knows how much for the expensive seats), they may never run out of money. LOL
The guy behind us loved to holler at clemson band as they exited field by the players bench. He had a few nips and was pretty loud - " get the f ..... out here u tractor drivers "

Donations ( knight commission)
Clemson tractor drivers 38 million.
Ga Tech millionaire engineers 12 million

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The guy behind us loved to holler at clemson band as they exited field by the players bench. He had a few nips and was pretty loud - " get the f ..... out here u tractor drivers "

Donations ( knight commission)
Clemson tractor drivers 38 million.
Ga Tech millionaire engineers 12 million
Ouch. The "I Pay Ten Dollars a Year" Club has undergone serious inflation.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Claytor and Jerrard Tarrant also left early (both not drafted)
Thanks - i saw them on rosters as young guys then gone.

Fo be sure i corrctly understand NFL attrition at gt
1. All gt players that left early for nfl were recruited by ccg and played for cpj when they left? The players are dwyer, bb , burnett, morgan, hill , claytor, tarrant.
2. No player who was recruited by and played for cpj left early for nfl.

Thanks - sorry to ask attrition qestions here.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Alabama's assistants problem really isn't money. They can pay as much as anybody. The problem is that it is a miserable place to work. Absolute misery, and Saban apparently is a guy looking for somebody to blame, meaning one or more assistants every year. And I really wish we would stop insinuating foul play is afoot when a football program has success. Human nature I suppose, in that we always assume somebody is doing what we would do in their situation. (As for somebody to blame, Saban should have fired his ownself after that fake field goal against Clemson in the NC. The call, and then they went through with it even when they saw the Clemson defense realigning to it. But the OC caught that dart.)
I agree about Saban. I know they can pay a ton to their assistants but he has had a lot of turnover with is staff whereas Dabo has had stability. It is more than just money but it will take the perfect situation and a big salary to break up his staff at Clemson. At least the top guys.
I will say that there are no other coaches in college football that would have pulled his starter at halftime for a freshman QB in a national championship game. I guess that comes with confidence that he is untouchable at Bama.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I agree about Saban. I know they can pay a ton to their assistants but he has had a lot of turnover with is staff whereas Dabo has had stability. It is more than just money but it will take the perfect situation and a big salary to break up his staff at Clemson. At least the top guys.
I will say that there are no other coaches in college football that would have pulled his starter at halftime for a freshman QB in a national championship game. I guess that comes with confidence that he is untouchable at Bama.
I wouldn't argue at all with Saban's game coaching skills. He will make tough calls. Replacing his QB was one, and that pooch onside kickoff against Clemson in '16 I think it was, when Watson and Clemson were rolling and unstoppable on offense was masterful. It changed the momentum and Clemson could not recover. I have to give him his due even when I really don't like the guy.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Thanks - i saw them on rosters as young guys then gone.

Fo be sure i corrctly understand NFL attrition at gt
1. All gt players that left early for nfl were recruited by ccg and played for cpj when they left? The players are dwyer, bb , burnett, morgan, hill , claytor, tarrant.
2. No player who was recruited by and played for cpj left early for nfl.

Thanks - sorry to ask attrition qestions here.

Stephen Hill was recruited by CPJ and left early for NFL. Committed to GT in November of 08, while CPJ was head coach.