Clemson radio

GTFLETCH

Banned
I wish CPJ haters could listen to Dabo talk highly about cpj....I value Dabos opinion a lot
He really likes our coach alot.

He is speaking right now.
105.5 the roar app or radio if you are local
I like CPJ also... However there seems to be no plan moving forward and we are a decade into this thing and he still hasn't been able to fix the issues....

RiseUpATL

Banned
Its great Dabo has nice things to say about PJ but honestly what is he supposed to say? He sucks and can’t recruit?

I think we ought to evaluate our coach based on the win/loss column. That’s all that really matters.

BTW, I don’t think wanting a change and being critical of the current direction makes anyone a “hater”. I call it accepting the reality of the situation and being honest about it. I think we all appreciate what CPJ has done here.

Dabo is great. Class guy who the players love laying it on the line for.

His opinion of other coaches, however, is not relevant to decision making for another school.

That's correct. They are friends (both have openly said it) and they basically came into the ACC at the same time (Dabo starting mid season). Coaches usually tend to prop each other up, especially these days (unless they just absolutely hate each other).

With the way the Clemson/GT series was prior to 2015, and with the way it is now going, I don't blame Dabo for liking CPJ at Tech. He knows that he is now at a point where he probably won't lose more than 10% of his games against Johnson and Tech.

People forget we've won 5 out of the last 6 in Atlanta and 7 out of the last 10 in Atlanta.

If my math is right, our all-time record at home against Clemson is something like 44-13-2.

They've beat us in Atlanta once in the last 15 years.

This is pretty irrelevant to where the programs are.

Also, we played at Clemson two years in a row in 12/13. Had we played at home in 13 we probably would have lost that game (we were beaten soundly AT clemson that season).

Deleted member 2897

This is pretty irrelevant to where the programs are.

Also, we played at Clemson two years in a row in 12/13. Had we played at home in 13 we probably would have lost that game (we were beaten soundly AT clemson that season).

That is nothing unique to Georgia Tech. Other teams would kill to have the record we have against Clemson over the last several years. In the last 7 years, Clemson has 12 regular seasons losses:
South Carolina: 3 losses
Florida State: 3 losses
Georgia Tech: 2 losses
Georgia: 1 loss
NC State: 1 loss
Pittsburgh: 1 loss
Syracuse: 1 loss

Florida State and South Carolina (or NC State, Pittsburgh, or Syracuse) aren't exactly raving about the states of their programs right now. And these are the teams who DID beat Clemson.

That is nothing unique to Georgia Tech. Other teams would kill to have the record we have against Clemson over the last several years. In the last 7 years, Clemson has 12 regular seasons losses:
South Carolina: 3 losses
Florida State: 3 losses
Georgia Tech: 2 losses
Georgia: 1 loss
NC State: 1 loss
Pittsburgh: 1 loss
Syracuse: 1 loss

Florida State and South Carolina (or NC State, Pittsburgh, or Syracuse) aren't exactly raving about the states of their programs right now. And these are the teams who DID beat Clemson.

I understand all that. My point is that none of that reflects where we are as a program right now where we are losing to Pitt, Duke, UNC, Virginia on a regular basis, AND losing to teams like South Florida. Clemson is so far past us NOW that I couldn't give a **** that we beat them at home in 2007.

Deleted member 2897

I understand all that. My point is that none of that reflects where we are as a program right now where we are losing to Pitt, Duke, UNC, Virginia on a regular basis, AND losing to teams like South Florida. Clemson is so far past us NOW that I couldn't give a **** that we beat them at home in 2007.

Right, but our record against Clemson is better than 98% of FBS teams, so does it reflect on those programs too? How about our record against Virginia Tech? Wake Forest? Boston College? NC State? Hell, we're 3-0 against Florida State in regular season games. CPJ is 7-3 against Duke. 6-4 against Virginia. 6-4 against North Carolina.

I am currently pretty sour on our coach, but lets not forget in the last decade we have 1 ACC Championship, 3 Coastal Division Championships, and 2 Orange Bowl wins. Lets not overdo it. Probably 11 of the other 14 ACC teams would kill to have that record over the last 10 years.

Right, but our record against Clemson is better than 98% of FBS teams, so does it reflect on those programs too? How about our record against Virginia Tech? Wake Forest? Boston College? NC State? Hell, we're 3-0 against Florida State in regular season games. CPJ is 7-3 against Duke. 6-4 against Virginia. 6-4 against North Carolina.

I am currently pretty sour on our coach, but lets not forget in the last decade we have 1 ACC Championship, 3 Coastal Division Championships, and 2 Orange Bowl wins. Lets not overdo it. Probably 11 of the other 14 ACC teams would kill to have that record over the last 10 years.

You keep putting words in my mouth. I don't think how we do against Clemson one way or the other has anything to do with the perception of our program. THAT is my point. Someone said "we've forgotten that our record is such and such against Clemson over the years" and I replied that it was irrelevant to where the programs are now, and I gave specific reasons (losing to the teams we've lost to, etc) why that is.

Again, I don't care what we did against any of those teams back in 08, 09, 10. I care about the fact that our program is at a very specific place right now and trending down over the past 4 years.

Deleted member 2897

You keep putting words in my mouth. I don't think how we do against Clemson one way or the other has anything to do with the perception of our program. THAT is my point. Someone said "we've forgotten that our record is such and such against Clemson over the years" and I replied that it was irrelevant to where the programs are now, and I gave specific reasons (losing to the teams we've lost to, etc) why that is.

Again, I don't care what we did against any of those teams back in 08, 09, 10. I care about the fact that our program is at a very specific place right now and trending down over the past 4 years.

I'm not trying to put words into your mouth, honestly. We're only losing to Duke and Virginia if you look at the last couple of years. If you're going to place your perception of our team and program on years like 2015 or right now, then yes you're probably going to go through your days and life extremely upset and frustrated. I would encourage you, especially as a fan, to stay passionate and positive and get in our fans faces. Remind Clemson folks they've only beat us at home once in the last 15 years. Remind North Carolina folks we beat them several years in a row after CPJ was hired and we're coming to beat them to a pulp again just like we did last year. Remind Duke fans that David Cutcliffe is an arrogant *******. Well okay, if you don't want to do that I understand, I'll take care of that last one. Don't let the negative nellies and other people define the terms of the discussion.