Clemson Post-game Thread

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I understand being upset at coaches or the administration or whatever, but any fan who is truly embarrassed or upset about the result of this game for more than a couple of hours really needs to take a step back and look at what college football is.

Or if it doesn't bother you, then you are not really a college football fan.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I am not sure what game the apologists watched today.

The defense looked totally out of position all day. The defensive backfield was chasing all afternoon. Even Swilling was out of position often. I love Thacker's energy and commitment, but the play today was inexcusable. It is great that the defense stripped for another fumble. And got an int. But explain to me how the team was prepared to play today?

Personnel wise, Tech has better and more experienced players than last year I think most would agree. Again, how can you explain what happened today.

On offense, Tech was outmatched across the line of scrimmage. Although again, I think most would agree that the offensive line is more experienced and bigger than last year. Yet the performance today did not live up to the play last year.

Personally, I want the current staff to be the answer. However, this game was at least one step back. I have seen lots of Tech football over the years. I was at he Furman games that were referred to earlier. The Citadel last year. The Notre Dame drubbing in the 70s. The BL years. The butt kicking by Uga last year. This game has to rank as the worst, or right up there as the worst loss in my memory. Please, someone tell me of a worse a$$ kicking they have seen.

After the 4th quarter showing last week, I believed the team to be improving.

Is this what people call a dumpster fire?
One correction. The defensive line is younger than last year. Remember we are missing Martin, TK, Dawson, Henderson, Yondjouen, and I think there may be one more I am missing. Owens just got back.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Are you kidding me? A coach is suppose to take pity on us before half time? In what world? You play at minimum 3 quarters with backups and 3rd stringers. By the 4th you can play a punter at QB. Oh, that’s right. That’s what he did. I’ve never in my life heard in youth sports, high school, or college complaining about play calls in a first half. Okay, that’s a lie. I’ve heard a few 70 plus year old grandmothers yell at a coach in Upward basketball at the church about the big kid who keeps making layups with a girl guarding him. But, in fairness the boy was 6 and he had a hoop in his driveway.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
This team sucks, period. The FSU win was a joke.

And that Syracuse team that beat Georgia Tech 37-20 is 1-4... Only win is against Georgia Tech. They got their *** kicked by LIBERTY today. They haven't even kept a loss within single digits this year.

1. Lost by 25 to North Carolina
  2. Lost by 11 to Pitt
  3. Lost by 14 to Duke
  4. Lost by 17 to Liberty

Beat Georgia Tech 37-20

Good gravy.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Or if it doesn't bother you, then you are not really a college football fan.
Explain what not being bothered at all means? Does that mean if you don’t sulk around all week until the next game? Or being in an awful mood the rest of the weekend? Or avoiding people at work/school the next week because they might trash talk you? Do you have to be embarrassed after your team loses a game to be real fan? Do you need to yell and scream at the TV and throw things around the house?

The main point of my post was that these are still kids playing a game. The oldest player on our roster is David Curry, and he’s 24 years old. Were the rest of you doing something on national TV when you were 24 years old? Were you getting trashed and clowned on message boards for thousands of people to see every weekend? These are games that almost nobody on this board are directly involved in i.e. playing or coaching. If you’re going to turn your back on your school or favorite team because they had an embarrassing loss, I don’t think you’re a real fan. If you walk around embarrassed by the result of a game you had no impact on for the rest of the week, then you need to take a step back from the game. The result of a game you didn’t play or coach in should not impact your life in a negative way.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

And that Syracuse team that beat Georgia Tech 37-20 is 1-4... Only win is against Georgia Tech. They got their *** kicked by LIBERTY today. They haven't even kept a loss within single digits this year.

2. Lost by 11 to Pitt
  3. Lost by 14 to Duke
  4. Lost by 17 to Liberty

Beat Georgia Tech 37-20

Good gravy.
Feel better now?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Dabo is looking after his team and ratings for playoff time, uga and Bama play tonight. I do not fault him for that, it is his job. Our day is coming, may be a while but it is coming.
I just keep watching our recruiting with interest, like what I'm seeing. There is room in acc for another program or two to be competitive with Clemson and I can see gt being one of those programs, because we are a developmental program I've always thought it was a 4 year process and we're in year two with 2+ yrs to go. We may see signs of it last half of season 3.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
In a world where a group of people decide who plays in the playoff, I have no problem with a team running up the score. I hope we get to that point. Hopefully CGC has plenty of tape to show recruits exactly where they’d help immediately.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
TL;DR: GT got blasted by a team that’s >75% future NFL players down to the three deep, who play for the best program in the country that has so much money and resources they don’t know what to do with it all.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this will explain it.

A buddy that I worked with had a saying that "Thanksgiving leftovers always tasted better after a victory over Georgia", explains it for me.
I’m sorry, I didn’t realize celebrating a win was the same thing as moping around and being embarrassed about a loss. My mistake. I’ll go cry in a corner and not interact with anybody until the next time Tech wins a game.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck

2. Lost by 11 to Pitt
  3. Lost by 14 to Duke
  4. Lost by 17 to Liberty

Beat Georgia Tech 37-20

Good gravy.
These posts are kind of dumb. How much did we beat Louisville by? Louisville damn near beat a top 5 Notre Dame team on the road today. You conveniently left that out of these mental gymnastics

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
i said it in chat, but PJs last year we had 75 yards of offense in the first half and scored on a short drive after an interception. This isn’t a PJ diss, as I was/am a big fan, but Clemson is on another level these last few years.
I’m pissed about the score but who here didn’t think Clemson was at least 4 tds better than us? They are the most loaded they’ve ever been and we are still rebuilding
I know people want us to beat the Georgia’s and Clemsons consistently, but the fact is, over the last half decade they have ascended to the top 5 programs while we are middle of the pack.

I will give the naysayers some credit: we have some lapses on defense that aren’t talent related, and seem to be positioning issues in coverage and run fits. I expect our freshman QB to make mistakes, I don’t expect veteran defenders to blow assignments one plus year on so consistently. That speaks to coaching more than talent, although that is also a big issue.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
These posts are kind of dumb. How much did we beat Louisville by? Louisville damn near beat a top 5 Notre Dame team on the road today. You conveniently left that out of these mental gymnastics
When are these people going to stop trying the force the transitive property into college football?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Lol, if your pride in the program has diminished after a terrible game then I suspect you really weren’t that invested in the first place. The best thing to do is laugh it off. Other than the players and coaches, nobody really has to live with the results of this game. Being a college football fan is not a matter of life and death. If an opposing team’s fan talking trash to you is enough for you to question your fandom, then maybe college football isn’t for you. If you can’t enjoy these games for what they are - kids playing a game - then maybe college football isn’t for you. If the result of a game that you didn’t play in, didnt coach in, or didn’t have a family member or friend playing in affects your life in a negative way, then maybe college football isn’t for you.

I understand being upset at coaches or the administration or whatever, but any fan who is truly embarrassed or upset about the result of this game for more than a couple of hours really needs to take a step back and look at what college football is.
You have no idea of the investment I have in this program in years, travel, and money. Your advice is not welcomed.