I'm concerned
I hope it doesn't impact recruiting

slugboy

Staff member
Clemson's average margin of victory (Wake, UVA & Miami) was 22
I'm concerned
I hope it doesn't impact recruiting
It doesn’t

@stech81 (not impersonating ibeeballin) I didn’t see anyone in particular quit.

In the second half, I saw some backups get in and be way over their heads. Good game experience for them, and I hope they realize what it takes to really play against a great team.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
This entire overhaul is a 4 year process to get to respectability. I'm calling this year 1 because last year, I gave CGC a year 0. From what I see now, we're about on track with some winnable games coming up.

Against Clemson, we see the vicious cycle at play. The O can't make a first down because the line is overwhelmed and our TF QB can't connect. So we are 3 and out fast and a tired D comes back in to play and can't keep up. Rinse, repeat for 4 quarters. This is where we are with elite programs and, let's be honest, probably the 2020 champions With the Heisman under center.

We have a new everything here. These guys are going to be quite a bit better in 2 years. We have to give CGC more time. It was always going to be this way.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This was more than just pure talent differences. Their O could get a first down whenever they needed. Their D took away our run game. Ultimately they wore down the D and we couldn't even stop their 4th string. About as ugly a loss as I have witnessed and I have been an alum for over 50 years. It ranks up there with the drubbing ND gave us the year after we tied them. Their players were singing "I'm a rambling wreck from Georgia Tech and what a helluva mess I am " after that game. I have always hated ND since then. Now I am starting to feel the same about Clemson. They definitely ran up the score.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
This was more than just pure talent differences. Their O could get a first down whenever they needed. Their D took away our run game. Ultimately they wore down the D and we couldn't even stop their 4th string. About as ugly a loss as I have witnessed and I have been an alum for over 50 years. It ranks up there with the drubbing ND gave us the year after we tied them. Their players were singing "I'm a rambling wreck from Georgia Tech and what a helluva mess I am " after that game. I have always hated ND since then. Now I am starting to feel the same about Clemson. They definitely ran up the score.
Yes. I won't forget it, personally. Lot's of chances to give it back to Clemson grads as I'm sure they were cheering Dabo on. PiaB.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Clemson scored the most points on a Georgia Tech football team in the modern era and the second most in school history, exceeded only by Auburn’s 94-0 win in 1894.

Not sure why asst coaches are talking about winning national titles....even with all these Five and Four star transfers Coach Collins does not have an excuse...giving up more points in the modern era is not ok....This is not Paul Johnson's fault....it is do to the piss poor coaching in the current staff.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s more than just this game. Last season was a string of embarrassment. Citadel, VT, Clemson, uga, Temple..... Our losses are usually the GT team getting destroyed and our wins are barely beating bad teams.

I’m not saying we should fire Collins or anything here. But people have good reason to question his head coaching acumen.

I believe and hope we can put together some good games and get some wins over the rest of this season.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
sorry i see Clemson played their back ups it was our job to stop them. Point blank we didn't do our job
Sure we didn't. Yep, we need better coaches to help with that. But classy people don't have your starters in after the half throwing bombs when you are up by almost 50.

BraveandBold

Georgia Tech Fan
What bothers me is how far we are from being competive with the Clemsons and Georgia’s on our schedules. It’s not just that we lose but how badly we lose. We use to be able to compete with everyone on our schedule. That is no longer true. Has college football changed forevever where the best teams are now so much better than everyone else. If so, college football is in trouble. Seems the rich get richer while everyone else struggles to stay above water.

Primus_GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Defense looked decent in the first quarter, just outmanned. At this point, they've been on the field too long and it's a blowout - hard to give top effort down 70
I agree. Follow that up with fresh legs constantly coming in as second and third team startS to filter in with the first team and it is difficult not to get gassed.