Clemson Post-game Thread

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Hard to make reasonable excuses when we just handed Clemson their biggest ACC win in the history of their program on our home field. They are good but they shouldn’t have been that good today. Our defense is a massive disappointment.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In case anyone was wondering the Domers put up 69 on us back in 77. There’s a few of us on here that remember that one. Yes, people do remember past games even the Citadel game from last year and the 1983 loss to Furman and the tie in 1986.
Yeah, Dan Devine was the coach of the Irish and he hated Pepper Rogers. When he was at Missouri and Pepper was at Kansas, Devine was running the score up and Pepper flashed him the "peace sign" Pepper claims that Coach Devine gave him half of it back.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
Again, we are playing the best at
athletes we have at the positions, the drop off is extremely sharp after that. The coaches are working with the best they have, and it was Clemson. If it was Dook that put up 70, then i would agree

pcctlw

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't expect a W but losing by 66 was not expected. Against Clemson, Citadel gave up 49, Wake 37, and they hang 73 on us (50 plus first half). D has been disappointing most of the year. Never seen a defense that couldn't get off the field with 3rd and anything. O has it moments but not sure where we go from here. Fortunate to be 2 -3 not 0-5.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Didn't really get an answer to this difficult question when posted on another thread, so I will ask again:

If we are making progress and improving, even slightly, why would we be less of an opponent in year 2 for Clemson than we were in year 1 (and at home)?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If we are making progress and improving, even slightly, why would we be less of an opponent in year 2 at home vs. Clemson than we were in year 1? I'm sure there are some great answers.
Love when you gauge improvement vs the best team in the country who has also gotten better since last year and their best RB and QB in school history are still there.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Again, we are playing the best at
athletes we have at the positions, the drop off is extremely sharp after that. The coaches are working with the best they have, and it was Clemson. If it was Dook that put up 70, then i would agree
Funny, with this same quality of athletes we didn't lose by this much..well ever. No one has. Not Wake, not Duke. Just Us. Worse. Loss. In. ACC. Conference. Play. Why do you guys keep making excuses?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Didn't really get an answer to this difficult question when posted on another thread, so I will ask again:

If we are making progress and improving, even slightly, why would we be less of an opponent in year 2 for Clemson than we were in year 1 (and at home)?

We weren't any more of an opponent for them last year. Last year they chose to pass 30 times. This year they chose to pass 50 times. They literally just named the scored both years.

slugboy

Staff member
Didn't expect a W but losing by 66 was not expected. Against Clemson, Citadel gave up 49, Wake 37, and they hang 73 on us (50 plus first half). D has been disappointing most of the year. Never seen a defense that couldn't get off the field with 3rd and anything. O has it moments but not sure where we go from here. Fortunate to be 2 -3 not 0-5.
Transitive stuff doesn’t work. Wake gave up less than Miami; are they better? Citadel almost had the same score as Miami; is the Citadel that good?

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Because transitive property doesn't work in college football. We are a younger team than we were last year and more likely to play inconsistently. Clemson is a veteran team with more talent and you know how they will play week in and week out. They got us on a bad day and we caught them on their game. It happens.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Think we will have at least a couple more years of this. Got to keep recruiting hard but it seems like something else is missing...maybe I’m wrong, but that was an ugly game.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
peace out GIF by Midland

This place is a real downer man.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We haven’t had a good defense in forever...nothing new. Maybe one day we can get some DL, LBs, and now starting to think we need DBs too.