Clemson Post-game Thread

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
We were outclassed today. I thought we’d lose by a lot but not this bad. I thought the D did ok against the run early in the game but Clemson’s receivers were running wide open. It was too easy for Clemson and that was disappointing.

Sims and the offense didn’t help the D. The offense really weren’t ready for Clemson but that isn’t surprising after what I saw Miami do last week. I wish we had at least let the QBs play in the second half instead of running it almost every play.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The defense did okay containing the run (4.4 ypc). Against Miami it was 5.9. Against UVA it was 4.4. Against Wake it was 4.0.

The problem, as it has been for a long time now, is that our front 7 couldn't do anything to generate consistent pressure. Just completely outmatched. So they could pretty much just park Lawrence back there and give him as much time as he needed to wait for their WRs to get open and then find them. For whatever reason Dabo decided he wanted to put up big numbers today so they threw 50 times instead of the 25 they would normally do in the situation and run the rest.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting a 50-7 type score but it was even worse.
I want someone to ask Coach what he thinks about our safety play. We constantly have players out of position, which is worse than just getting beat on a play.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Thing is, we are playing mostly fresh and soph vs the number 1 team in the nation... including NFL... what you expect?
I didn't know we were playing the NFL.

But yes lots of young guys in there. There were some young guys in there for Clemson too.

Losing 73-7 sucks and is inexcusable.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I admit I left early. I'm so embarrassed. We should have been trying to burn clock during the first half when we had the ball. Three straight incomplete passes gives the ball back to Clemson after less than a minute. The defense was wasted. I'm now starting to wonder if the Collins hire was a mistake. That was not a Georgia Tech football team. If this is a culture he is building (73-7), I don't want to be a part of it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I agree this is inexcusable
It is inexcusable to get beat like this on national television, at home, and all but we have been beaten pretty bad before and always managed to right the ship. In 1968, we got absolutely killed by UGA in Athens 47-8 and beat them the very next year 6-0. In 1977, we got stomped in the infamous "Rudy Game" 69-14. In 1993, FSU was #1 and beat us 51-0. Chan's first year we lost to UGA 51-7. It happens but this is pretty embarrassing for a power 5 team to look so poorly prepared.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I admit I left early. I'm so embarrassed. We should have been trying to burn clock during the first half when we had the ball. Three straight incomplete passes gives the ball back to Clemson after less than a minute. The defense was wasted. I'm now starting to wonder if the Collins hire was a mistake. That was not a Georgia Tech football team. If this is a culture he is building (73-7), I don't want to be a part of it.
The problem was not play calling per se. We were just out coached, out manned, and under prepared.

I didn't expect us to win this game, but I thought we would only (my god) lose by around 24... Not 66. This level of loss is purely on coaching.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It is inexcusable to get beat like this on national television, at home, and all but we have been beaten pretty bad before and always managed to right the ship. In 1968, we got absolutely killed by UGA in Athens 47-8 and beat them the very next year 6-0. In 1977, we got stomped in the infamous "Rudy Game" 69-14. In 1993, FSU was #1 and beat us 51-0. Chan's first year we lost to UGA 51-7. It happens but this is pretty embarrassing for a power 5 team to look so poorly prepared.
Barn scored 94 on us in 1894. This wasn’t the worst game by a fairly healthy margin.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
How the **** are people mad about today? Some people need a reality check. We played Clemson. I repeat we Played Clemson. They are on a completely different level than most teams in the country let alone us. Ga Tech is a team full of very young players with a lot of potential and outside of maybe 2-4 players wouldn’t even make the 2 deep at Clemson.