Clemson Offense

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
A question for you guys to weigh in on. Is Clemson's offense more sexy/fun than ours for a running back? They have been able to get some stud running backs. I understand Watkins and recievers being more inclined to go to Clemson, but running backs are an enigma to me.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson has gotten elite RB after elite RB, going back to the Bowden years. James Davis, CJ Spiller, Jamie Harper, Andre Ellington, and Mike Bellamy were all complete beasts. I don't think it has much to do with the offensive style, unfortunately.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a great question on which there has been a lot of debate. I really don't know. I am not a running back and I don't recruit the kids. Some GT fans swear that our offense is killing recruiting. I really don't buy that. I think kids who would be great fits for our system (and school) will be attracted to it. I have been disappointed with BB recruiting, however, and until we get a great one, it will be tough to totally discount their opinions on this. That is the premier position on the offensive team after QB. We have good kids there, but they aren't great on the cut and they can't stretch the field. We really need a home run threat at that position.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
This is a great question on which there has been a lot of debate. I really don't know. I am not a running back and I don't recruit the kids. Some GT fans swear that our offense is killing recruiting. I really don't buy that. I think kids who would be great fits for our system (and school) will be attracted to it. I have been disappointed with BB recruiting, however, and until we get a great one, it will be tough to totally discount their opinions on this. That is the premier position on the offensive team after QB. We have good kids there, but they aren't great on the cut and they can't stretch the field. We really need a home run threat at that position.

I respectfully disagree, I do believe the system hurts recruiting and it's kind of played at as much in recent years. Skill positions as a whole have been affected particularly wide receiver and as you have mentioned bback. I'm really curious to see what Ricky Juene & Travis Custis will look like on the field since they are the most heralded recruits at their respected skill positions.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I respectfully disagree, I do believe the system hurts recruiting and it's kind of played at as much in recent years. Skill positions as a whole have been affected particularly wide receiver and as you have mentioned bback. I'm really curious to see what Ricky Juene & Travis Custis will look like on the field since they are the most heralded recruits at their respected skill positions.
I am intensely curious about those guys too. I liked Messick's film. I'm not sure he can stretch the field, but he appeared to have ball skills. No doubt we need to be better at WR and BB.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I am intensely curious about those guys too. I liked Messick's film. I'm not sure he can stretch the field, but he appeared to have ball skills. No doubt we need to be better at WR and BB.
From what I understand Messick is very very raw and will take some time to develop. He looks the part though physically.