Clemson kickoff

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Any of you with "inside info" know what day or what time kick off will be?!? Traveling down for the Basketball game Friday and need to fly out late Saturday after the Football game. Thanks

Any of you with "inside info" know what day or what time kick off will be?!? Traveling down for the Basketball game Friday and need to fly out late Saturday after the Football game. Thanks
The game will definitely be on Saturday. The time will be announced on Monday of the week before the game, which probably means next Monday (Nov 3). I predict a night game, but that's just my opinion.

FencePost

Banned
I'm seeking input on a purely speculative idea. The Tech-Clemson series is a fairly solid one. The schools, while not in the same conference division, are destined to continue the annual meeting for a long time.
Two changes to football schedules in the recent past make the idea more attractive, those being that most all schools have added a twelfth game, which for the larger schools has meant an added home game, and the Tech-Clemson game has been moved from early in the season to mid-November.
This comes up as I'm scoping out the viability of having constructed a stadium in Savannah, which of course lies just across the river from South Carolina. Shifting their annual rivalry game to Savannah put its on a similar footing, in many respects, as the highly popular UGA-Florida game in Jacksonville. Savannah, however is a better city for hosting such an event than Jax, in terms of having appeal beyond the game itself.
Like the Georgia rationale which gives their South Georgia fans a convenient game to attend each year, Tech could greatly up its exposure in that part of the state with an annual appearance in Savannah. That goes a long way toward creating life long followers among youth, and more interest among the area's top athletes.
Clemson, likewise, would have reason for more exposure in downstate South Carolina.
Like in Jacksonville, the Tech-Clemson game in Savannah would have an even split in tickets to both schools, with the stadium split right down the center. The border rivalry and equal number of fans from both schools would add more appeal for television coverage each year, even in down years record wise.
My chief concern has to do with the size of the pool of Tech fans who would travel to Savannah for the weekend to attend the game.
I think it would be a super high spot on the Tech schedule each year, and in those years when Tech sees no good bowl prospects, this game will serve like a bowl game for its biggest fans.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
If we do something like that, I wouldn't mind proposing the game getting moved to Nashville. Fun for players fans and good exposure in big recruiting areas.

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
Jacksonville is pretty much in between Dwags and UF. Savannah is not even close to on the way between GT and Climpson.

There is a pretty big football stadium about exactly in between, but we would not want to play there nor would they let us.

Like the idea of playing a game at a neutral fun site, maybe every time we play Louisville we play them in Nashville. Sound fun to me!

jacket1515

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm seeking input on a purely speculative idea. The Tech-Clemson series is a fairly solid one. The schools, while not in the same conference division, are destined to continue the annual meeting for a long time.
Two changes to football schedules in the recent past make the idea more attractive, those being that most all schools have added a twelfth game, which for the larger schools has meant an added home game, and the Tech-Clemson game has been moved from early in the season to mid-November.
This comes up as I'm scoping out the viability of having constructed a stadium in Savannah, which of course lies just across the river from South Carolina. Shifting their annual rivalry game to Savannah put its on a similar footing, in many respects, as the highly popular UGA-Florida game in Jacksonville. Savannah, however is a better city for hosting such an event than Jax, in terms of having appeal beyond the game itself.
Like the Georgia rationale which gives their South Georgia fans a convenient game to attend each year, Tech could greatly up its exposure in that part of the state with an annual appearance in Savannah. That goes a long way toward creating life long followers among youth, and more interest among the area's top athletes.
Clemson, likewise, would have reason for more exposure in downstate South Carolina.
Like in Jacksonville, the Tech-Clemson game in Savannah would have an even split in tickets to both schools, with the stadium split right down the center. The border rivalry and equal number of fans from both schools would add more appeal for television coverage each year, even in down years record wise.
My chief concern has to do with the size of the pool of Tech fans who would travel to Savannah for the weekend to attend the game.
I think it would be a super high spot on the Tech schedule each year, and in those years when Tech sees no good bowl prospects, this game will serve like a bowl game for its biggest fans.

I would love it, but I'm biased because I live in the Savannah area! :)

That being said, trying to get the city council of Savannah to do ANYTHING progressive whatsoever is a challenge in itself. City politics are a huge mess here. Savannah is probably going to lose its minor league baseball team in the next few years if they don't build a new stadium, and I can't imagine what they would do with a football stadium the other 364 days a year.....