Clemson is up to 7 transfers

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

...and counting. Some of the most elite talent in the country not even seeing the field. I get the pull to compete for a championship, but if you’re not actually on the field? Always surprised more of these guys don’t go to Tech, Duke, Virginia, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, NC State, etc where they could most likely be 4 year starters and BMOC. Just to pick 1, Zerrick Cooper was a high 4* guy and is going to play for Jacksonville State. Sad.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
good luck trying to recruit someone by telling them youre not good enough to play at XYZ school so please come here where you will actually play when XYZ school is telling you that you can compete for a starting job day 1.

Deleted member 2897

good luck trying to recruit someone by telling them youre not good enough to play at XYZ school so please come here where you will actually play when XYZ school is telling you that you can compete for a starting job day 1.

Agree, I would never say such a thing.

GT_Dre27

Georgia Tech Fan
...and counting. Some of the most elite talent in the country not even seeing the field. I get the pull to compete for a championship, but if you’re not actually on the field? Always surprised more of these guys don’t go to Tech, Duke, Virginia, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, NC State, etc where they could most likely be 4 year starters and BMOC. Just to pick 1, Zerrick Cooper was a high 4* guy and is going to play for Jacksonville State. Sad.
I'm a firm believer in young athletes building their own legacy instead of chasing rainbows just to be a part of the flavor of the year. So much talent go wasted on the sidelines of these P5 traditional dynasties that would have been utilized if they had proper guidance during their recruiting period in high school.
Of course, there are exceptions to the rules, but many of these forgotten gems would have been starters at a different school with most getting exposure to NFL scouts.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm a firm believer in young athletes building their own legacy instead of chasing rainbows just to be a part of the flavor of the year. So much talent go wasted on the sidelines of these P5 traditional dynasties that would have been utilized if they had proper guidance during their recruiting period in high school.
Of course, there are exceptions to the rules, but many of these forgotten gems would have been starters at a different school with most getting exposure to NFL scouts.
+1

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
to play devil's advocate, it's not like Clemson is going to let Johnson (or any other transfer) come here
my comment was referencing more than just one post. It's clear that MikeJackets1967 is a huge Tennessee fan, as well as a GT fan. I'm just not interested in finding out about everything Tennessee is doing or getting or should get on my GT site. He's been a great contributor to this site, so I was trying not to be rude about it.