Clemson Game Sold Out

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I will probably throw GTAA a donation to make up some of the difference but I don't buy GTFB season tickets anymore. They charge me $100/game for seats I can grab on Seatgeek for $20 the morning of. I pick and choose which games I attend these days also but mainly because there is little appeal in attending in person (and yes I realize the irony of this). It's not really even a results thing for me - I'm just not super interested in roasting/sobering up in the sun in an empty, quiet stadium and losing the rest of my Saturday when I can watch at home.

A couple friends (who admittedly aren't super hardcore) who sat next to me for MBB last year ate enormous losses and didn't renew this year because of it. If they want to attend, they'll buy single game tickets off StubHub and just sit next to me since nobody goes to the games anyway. It's a shame because games in McCamish are stupidly fun with a strong home crowd and it would be a very hot ticket if the team was competitive. Texas Tech used to be the same as us - that arena would be empty. Beard leads them to an Elite 8 and Final 4 and now it's the most raucous gym in college basketball.
This post should be a sticky post in the thread
Can we be competitive in NIL ?
The point of diminishing returns has arrived.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully it’ll feel like a home game. We had pretty good seats last year against UNC. We were surrounded by UNC fans who were all pissy at me when I loudly cheered for Tech. I had to constantly remind them they were the away crowd.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully it’ll feel like a home game. We had pretty good seats last year against UNC. We were surrounded by UNC fans who were all pissy at me when I loudly cheered for Tech. I had to constantly remind them they were the away crowd.
At least you weren't where I was. We were surrounded by GT fans convinced we were going to lose until pretty deep into the 4th qtr. Our expectations have plummeted.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
At least you weren't where I was. We were surrounded by GT fans convinced we were going to lose until pretty deep into the 4th qtr. Our expectations have plummeted.
Didn't we sack Sam Howell every other play that game? And Jeff Sims was getting 10 yards per carry. We weren't losing that damn game lmao

I don't know what it was about the front 7 that game, I haven't seen anything like that from a GT defense in a long time. That 1 game accounted for nearly half our total sacks last season. All the other games we just let QBs sit in the pocket and play target practice. Doesn't matter if every receiver is on Revis Island - someone's gonna get wide open at some point if you have 8 seconds to run around.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Didn't we sack Sam Howell every other play that game? And Jeff Sims was getting 10 yards per carry. We weren't losing that damn game lmao

I don't know what it was about the front 7 that game, I haven't seen anything like that from a GT defense in a long time. That 1 game accounted for nearly half our total sacks last season. All the other games we just let QBs sit in the pocket and play target practice. Doesn't matter if every receiver is on Revis Island - someone's gonna get wide open at some point if you have 8 seconds to run around.
UNC had the worst pass protection of all P5 teams and nearly the worst in the country. We did a good job of confusing them as well. A perfect storm on both sides of the ball.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
UNC had the worst pass protection of all P5 teams and nearly the worst in the country. We did a good job of confusing them as well. A perfect storm on both sides of the ball.
I think that was the first game we went to 3 down DL and they looked like they were not prepared for that alignment. That game was our highlight of the season. Sims had a great game as well. Maybe his best so far.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I think that was the first game we went to 3 down DL and they looked like they were not prepared for that alignment. That game was our highlight of the season. Sims had a great game as well. Maybe his best so far.
Clemson we did then we jept it going for like 3-4 games after