Clemson Game Open - GT opens at 26.5-27 point dog

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It’ll be around 28.5 by Saturday. Vegas will try to get bets back towards GT. O/U at 60 has Vegas expecting a 45-17 type Clemson win. With the speed they have on D, I’d be happy if we get to 17. Miami had 1 offensive TD.
I’m just hoping we come out of this one healthy, play hard and we don’t turn the ball over. Can’t give them any extra possessions. This is one game I’m not gonna let myself get upset at the possible outcome, unless we for some reason quit, which this team won’t do.

LibertyTurns

Banned
You’d have to like GT if they give more than 4 TDs. Clemp’s obviously the best team we’ll play, but 4 TDs is a hard cover with the potential for garbage time scores. Then you got the who’s out for Rona angle. Don‘t need them to get sick, just need some imbecile to quarantine them for 1 week.

Deleted member 2897

The last few years, Dabo has had most of his starters in the rotation still in the first half of the fourth quarter even when up 4 touchdowns. I think he always wants to cover, even if it risks his top players.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My measure of success in this game is that we play competitive football. I expect the score to be something like 49-28. If it's 52-0 I will be disappointed. It looks like our guys are becoming a decent team (maybe not as good as Miami, but close) and we should be able to make some things happen when we have the ball. I cannot see us stopping them.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
My measure of success in this game is that we play competitive football. I expect the score to be something like 49-28. If it's 52-0 I will be disappointed. It looks like our guys are becoming a decent team (maybe not as good as Miami, but close) and we should be able to make some things happen when we have the ball. I cannot see us stopping them.
Since 2017 Clemson has allowed 20+ points against ACC teams just 7 times in 30 games, and hasn’t given up more than 23 to an ACC team since November of 2017. Why do you expect Tech to put up 28 against them? If Tech scores 20 I’d call that exceeding expectations

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Since 2017 Clemson has allowed 20+ points against ACC teams just 7 times in 30 games, and hasn’t given up more than 23 to an ACC team since November of 2017. Why do you expect Tech to put up 28 against them? If Tech scores 20 I’d call that exceeding expectations

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. We are a developing team and we are moving the ball really well. Finishing drives has been an issue for us until this weekend, but our offense is actually pretty good. Now, we cannot turn the ball over and get penalized in ways that kill drives. It will be hard enough to score against those guys. It is important to know that I do not bet, so my opinion carries no monetary cost for me.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It’ll be around 28.5 by Saturday. Vegas will try to get bets back towards GT. O/U at 60 has Vegas expecting a 45-17 type Clemson win. With the speed they have on D, I’d be happy if we get to 17. Miami had 1 offensive TD.
I’m just hoping we come out of this one healthy, play hard and we don’t turn the ball over. Can’t give them any extra possessions. This is one game I’m not gonna let myself get upset at the possible outcome, unless we for some reason quit, which this team won’t do.

The one thing I have yet to see this team do is quit on their coach. Gun to my head, I would take Clemson to win and cover but Lawrence took some pretty mean shots against Miami. Miami was lucky Clemson did not score on the last play. Yes, I believe Dabo was trying to run up the score but who doesn't take a shot at Miami when given the opportunity?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
God help us if Clemson isn’t the best team we play this year.
Fortunately, it is not often that we play a team with two Heisman contenders. I have not watched them closely but it may be the best Clemson team ever. Lawrence is a great quarterback but he is not the whole show. Impressive speed on defense, tough linemen on both sides of the ball, very good receivers and a great running back who can do a lot of things to top it off. If they have a true weakness, I would like to hear what it is.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The one thing I have yet to see this team do is quit on their coach. Gun to my head, I would take Clemson to win and cover but Lawrence took some pretty mean shots against Miami. Miami was lucky Clemson did not score on the last play. Yes, I believe Dabo was trying to run up the score but who doesn't take a shot at Miami when given the opportunity?
I think the targeting play angered the Clemson staff. Lawrence could have been badly injured on that play.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Fortunately, it is not often that we play a team with two Heisman contenders. I have not watched them closely but it may be the best Clemson team ever. Lawrence is a great quarterback but he is not the whole show. Impressive speed on defense, tough linemen on both sides of the ball, very good receivers and a great running back who can do a lot of things to top it off. If they have a true weakness, I would like to hear what it is.
I do not see this as a weakness, but their DL is not the strength of their defense this year. Their LBs and DBs are all potential Sunday players. Does that help us? No.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Do not bet on this game. I took GT and the points last year thinking no way they beat us by more than 36 points (because they’d be resting their starters by halftime). Well they hit a 51 yard fg with like 3 mins left in the game to cover.

That was the last time I bet on GT football...
#metoo :ROFLMAO:

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I do not see this as a weakness, but their DL is not the strength of their defense this year. Their LBs and DBs are all potential Sunday players. Does that help us? No.
Those DL's are young but they are extremely talented former 5 star recruits. I want our guys to continue to compete no matter what happens. I want to play reasonable clean football and avoid injuries.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is a great team, but they aren’t machines. We are way better than last year and they are still very good to great. We have some playmakers who will make some plays. When on defense I may close my eyes because Lawrence will shred us. But coming off the “big“ game with Miami and a noon start I see them playing down a bit. Our guys have nothing to lose. Choice and Moore will have the boys pumped to play. I think we cover due to lackadaisical play by Clemson.