Clemson, Baseball

How many games will GT win versus Clemson?

Votes: 10 30.3%

Votes: 18 54.5%

Votes: 5 15.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Disappointed in performance today. Another blow out loss after we blew them out the game before just like the ND series.

Team seemed flat, no bueno. Jekyl and Hyde continues

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don't understand why we continue to give innings to two of the older guys that keep underperforming when we could be giving those innings to some of the younger guys. I'm sorry, maybe we are exhibiting loyalty to these guys that have stuck with the program for a few years, but I think we should be giving those innings to the young guns that haven't gotten much time and get them some experience. Just my two cents on a day where we don't have many good things to talk about.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don't understand why we continue to give innings to two of the older guys that keep underperforming when we could be giving those innings to some of the younger guys. I'm sorry, maybe we are exhibiting loyalty to these guys that have stuck with the program for a few years, but I think we should be giving those innings to the young guns that haven't gotten much time and get them some experience. Just my two cents on a day where we don't have many good things to talk about.
I'm not disagreeing with you 78Pike, but trying to make sense of the pitchers used today. I suspect that the coaches have seen the benefit that having a Siegel and a Smith performing well can bring to the team, and they really want to get them going. Remember that Siegel turned in a good performance in the NCAAs last year, and Smith was pitching pretty well prior to his injury last season. I'm guessing they are nearing the end of their rope, today may have crossed that threshold, but I bet that is the reasoning.

GT baseball fan

Georgia Tech Fan
What younger guys?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Smith will continue to get rocked. He has no movement on his ball and lacks control and velocity i am at a loss as to why we continue to give him any innings

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What younger guys?

Younger guys = Bogue didn't pitch at all this weekend. At least Diamant got in at the end.

First, going on the assumption that the coaches know best, they must think that Siegel or Smith can be made serviceable in the next two months. We haven't seen it on the field and time will tell whether that was a good bet. I'd like to see the younger guys out there earlier and build them for later in the season and next year.

We are out of last place pitching in the ACC. Make of that what you will.
1679914620083.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bogue still coming back from injury and is the only active roster player of the four.

That why I listed Bogue and he did pitch .1 against LVille. So unless reinjured, would have expected him. But don't know that.

I would have hoped to see Diamant earlier than the 9th yesterday so he could have gone longer. Clemson may have been wanting to just get it over (I don't think so as stats are important) but it only took Diamant 5 pitches for 3 outs.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
That why I listed Bogue and he did pitch .1 against LVille. So unless reinjured, would have expected him. But don't know that.

I would have hoped to see Diamant earlier than the 9th yesterday so he could have gone longer. Clemson may have been wanting to just get it over (I don't think so as stats are important) but it only took Diamant 5 pitches for 3 outs.
Agreed. I think Siegel and Smith have been given several opportunities to show what they have so far this season with limited, if any, success. So why not give guys like Bogue and Diamant those innings. If those veteran guys are trying to overcome something and get back to their previous form, let them do it during practice. Give the young guys the ACC game experience in these blowout games and maybe find another reliable arm, but at the very least, give them some game exposure for the future.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agreed. I think Siegel and Smith have been given several opportunities to show what they have so far this season with limited, if any, success. So why not give guys like Bogue and Diamant those innings. If those veteran guys are trying to overcome something and get back to their previous form, let them do it during practice. Give the young guys the ACC game experience in these blowout games and maybe find another reliable arm, but at the very least, give them some game exposure for the future.

Just the facts:
1679956621709.png

1679956643328.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Yikes that is even worse than I thought it was. Combined 19 innings with 30 runs (all earned), 35 hits and 14 walks including 8 home runs. And in the 4 starts they have combined for 15 runs in 11 1/3 innings. Time to try someone different. You can see in their body language while they are on the mound they just don't have any confidence. You can continue to trot them out there and pray that they find it or you can move on and give someone else the chance. I'm not sure we can afford to take the chance when we need every win possible for the remainder of the season to make it into the post season.