Clemson, Baseball

How many games will GT win versus Clemson?

Votes: 10 30.3%

Votes: 18 54.5%

Votes: 5 15.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
By conference or when mutally adopted by both teams. ACC has not adopted it conference wide, SEC has.

We didn't even run agree to rule ND up 11 after 7,with a 2nd game of a double header to follow. Makes me think we won't see it at all in ACC play this year.
It isn't an option in ACC conference play. Only when agreed upon pregame for non-conference games.

Exception will be ACC Tournament pool play games.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
It isn't an option in ACC conference play. Only when agreed upon pregame for non-conference games.

Exception will be ACC Tournament pool play games.
“By conference rule, or mutual consent of both coaches before the contest, a game may be stopped only after seven innings if one team is ahead by at least 10 runs.”

I know the ACC hasnt adopted it as a conference rule, but just based on the language of the rule itself... it seems both coaches could shake hands on it if they want.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
“By conference rule, or mutual consent of both coaches before the contest, a game may be stopped only after seven innings if one team is ahead by at least 10 runs.”

I know the ACC hasnt adopted it as a conference rule, but just based on the language of the rule itself... it seems both coaches could shake hands on it if they want.
Ok. I'll buy that.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Part of me wants to agree but with our pitching issues, save any innings we can seems like a good idea.
Yeah, I understand that. But in games with a big lead, I believe it helps to throw your backup problem pitchers at least an inning in the 8th or 9th to give them a chance to try to improve their own pitching. Game experience is always valuable.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of you that are Borrell haters, take a quick look at the post game interview with Schmolke after today's game. Interesting comments on adjustments that Borrell made to his arm slot and the gained confidence as a result. While I know the results of our pitching over the past couple of years have not been overwhelming, I do think we have seen some improvement with several pitchers so far this year. The two freshmen, Samol and Schmolke got off to rough starts but both have improved markedly to this point from where they started. Samegoes for Vaughan. I think we will see that ERA drop as the year progresses. Especially if we can get McGuire back. On a side note, I noticed Riley Stanford in a sling today. Hadn't noticed that before. I assume that means he underwent some surgery.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I feel like a game like yesterday can really be parlayed into a big weekend. Pitching won it last night. I think we're going to score early & often today & tomorrow.

Oh that? I was drunk when I said that. 🙂

Next time just say it was your subconscious working. Yesterday I thought we'd have more runs than LOB and we did, 16 to 11. But no predictions for today.

It's hard not to be optimistic after yesterday but it's baseball. So it's consistently inconsistent. We've won our last two Saturday ACC games and been soundly defeated on Sunday. Plus a sweep is hard (we did it 20% of the ACC series last year, Pitt and VT).

For the first time I can remember, we have two otherwise starting 1st basemen starting against each other. Finley & Grice.

Attachments

• 1679831838046.png
    1679831838046.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 9