Clemson’s Dline

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
They just deserve a

I rewatched the game. Wow. I think that maybe the best defensive line ever in cfb when it’s all said and done. Clemson recruited 3 of the 5 top defensive linemen last class and it shows. What I’m saying is they are starting 2 freshmen and a sophomore on that line. They were literally two feet into GT’s backfield a second after snap.

They gonna be around for 2 or 3 more seasons. Those kids are 18 & 19 years old.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Yes they were excellent, just like they have been for a good while. Doesn't excuse what happened Saturday.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
They just deserve a

I rewatched the game. Wow. I think that maybe the best defensive line ever in cfb when it’s all said and done. Clemson recruited 3 of the 5 top defensive linemen last class and it shows. What I’m saying is they are starting 2 freshmen and a sophomore on that line. They were literally two feet into GT’s backfield a second after snap.

They gonna be around for 2 or 3 more seasons. Those kids are 18 & 19 years old.

Scary thing is Clemson turned away another 5 star DL last year. Who turns away a 5 star DL?!!

Deleted member 2897

Scary thing is Clemson turned away another 5 star DL last year. Who turns away a 5 star DL?!!

Yep, no room. They took 5 guys rated 5-stars just last year. Plus they had several other (no exaggeration) really high 4-stars.

On a side note, not sure about that reporting. Reggie Grimes was a middle 4-star #150 guy, not a top 25. We took 2 guys rated higher than him last year. IIRC, he would have been like the 8th rated guy on the DL and they had no room at LB either.

But I’m sure Dabo The Clown told the story differently. :). “Aw shucks, little old Clemson turns away 5-star guys.”

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
They got into the backfield at will. Maybe an adjustment for more pre-snap movement and misdirection, but lining up and going mono a mono ain’t gonna work.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Meanwhile GT is young in the trenches too.

Attachments

• E238643A-70AD-40AC-86A5-98A20BCDAD9C.jpeg
    E238643A-70AD-40AC-86A5-98A20BCDAD9C.jpeg
    754.3 KB · Views: 50

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer