Clempson Roll Call

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Who all will be there Thursday night?

The kiddo and I will be there!

I'm so ready for the game and looking forward to starting the 2019 season !!

Let's Go Jackets!!

Attachments

• 20190824_142238.jpg
    20190824_142238.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 37

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be there with Clemson friends right smack in the middle of a Clemson section, but I'm not sure exactly where.

I’m interested to see how your experience is. I have a lot of Clemson friends and have been to a lot of Clemson/Tech games. My last 3 experiences at this game I’ve been around some unpleasant Clemson fans. Prior to that I never had a bad experience. Could just be coincidence, could be their fan base is becoming more arrogant (can’t blame them... I guess...) or maybe they’ve picked up some bad band wagon fans. Of course, in fairness to them and every fan base, we all have our bad apples.

I’m interested to see how your experience is. I have a lot of Clemson friends and have been to a lot of Clemson/Tech games. My last 3 experiences at this game I’ve been around some unpleasant Clemson fans. Prior to that I never had a bad experience. Could just be coincidence, could be their fan base is becoming more arrogant (can’t blame them... I guess...) or maybe they’ve picked up some bad band wagon fans. Of course, in fairness to them and every fan base, we all have our bad apples.
Although I don't remember for sure now, but back in the 80s when I went there, I think things were not great, though not nearly as bad as in Athens. I have been up there the last 4 times we have played there and sat with my Clemson friends each time. The only obnoxious Clemson fan I encountered was quickly called down by other Clemson fans sitting near us. They told the guy to sit down and shut up or leave; they didn't want fans like him representing their school. I was obviously impressed. Other than that, I have had no problems at all and don't expect any next Thursday.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Although I don't remember for sure now, but back in the 80s when I went there, I think things were not great, though not nearly as bad as in Athens. I have been up there the last 4 times we have played there and sat with my Clemson friends each time. The only obnoxious Clemson fan I encountered was quickly called down by other Clemson fans sitting near us. They told the guy to sit down and shut up or leave; they didn't want fans like him representing their school. I was obviously impressed. Other than that, I have had no problems at all and don't expect any next Thursday.

I hear ya, it will probably be good, just curious if other Tech fans have noticed any change in Clemson fans. 2 years ago we caught them coming off that Syracuse loss and I ran into some real jack***es and the way they acted would’ve bothered my Clemson buddies no doubt. I still view it as a friendly rivalry.

Believe it or not, I’ve been to 8 uga/tech games in Athens and have only had 2 bad experiences. They annoy me enough year round to make me just about despise them though.

Hope I’m not high-jacking this thread... I’ll be there Thursday night, Go Jackets!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Think I'm backing out of attending. I could get a ticket for under $50 after fees right now but having started a new job means leaving Atlanta at 6am to work remotely from SC, work til 5, go find a couple pre-game beers and food, attend the game, and then drive back immediately after. Also would have to figure out something to do with my dog, so throw another $30-35 on there for dog daycare. Plus gas, and I'd be attending alone. Just wouldn't enjoy the experience at all.