Clayton State 5PM, Sunday, January 23rd

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Always nice to win comfortably. Took us a little longer than it should have in the first half, but once the shots starting falling...it was over.

Nice to see everybody get minutes. Here are some notes from my viewing.

1. We didn't always go through the 5 on offense, and I think that helped. If we can get a drive and dish mentality, it will help our shooters find space.
2. And yes, we do have shooters. Hopefully, this game will help their confidence. 15-24 from three? I'll take it all day every day.
3. Jalon Moore put on a show at the end, really showing his potential. 13 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block and 1 steal in just 13 minutes. I know the competition wasn't exactly great, but that shows what he can be. Right now, he is learning behind Usher and K. Moore...but it might be time to get him some more minutes too.
4. The center position was again...unimpressive. Howard fouled out in 9 minutes....against Clayton St. Let that sink in. Saba can make some baskets, but his defense still needs improvement. Meka showed some aggressiveness, but he is still too raw to be getting minutes at the 5. This team would be sooo much better with an athletic, rim-protecting big guy.
5. We had some dumb TOs in the first half, but once we locked in, I thought the passing looked good, and the 22 assists was really nice. Wish we had that every game.

HUGE game coming up next. We really need a big win to get this ship turned around. Rain or shine, good or bad, I'll be cheering....Go Jackets!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I did a headcount at the game today. 67 people not including the teams. All I wanted was to reach 100 points and to win by 50.
Well I had 5 of the 67 and we had a blast! Not much to say about the game other than the 3pt shooting and overall energy. I could tell a difference in the team even during warm-up’s.

Special shout out to Jordan Usher and Mike Devoe. Both are just awesome young men. They came over prior to the game and spoke with our kids, signed autographs, etc. Just awesome with the kids.

Bright future ahead for both of those dudes!

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't see the game. The most amazing thing to me from the stat sheet was the large number of fouls on us. If we are more athletic than them, why did we foul so much?

Shooting 62+% from three is impressive, even with no defense.

Does +/- mean anything? Seems the confounding of other players on the floor is way more influencing than the play of one player. Would make sense to compare +/- of two players playing with the same other four. What stuck out to me was Saba had the only -, but his stats looked ok; was his defense that bad?

Bob
THWG

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I didn't see the game. The most amazing thing to me from the stat sheet was the large number of fouls on us. If we are more athletic than them, why did we foul so much?

Shooting 62+% from three is impressive, even with no defense.

Does +/- mean anything? Seems the confounding of other players on the floor is way more influencing than the play of one player. Would make sense to compare +/- of two players playing with the same other four. What stuck out to me was Saba had the only -, but his stats looked ok; was his defense that bad?

Bob
THWG
It was a weird game. They seemed to get away with some hacking that was annoying and frustrating which resulted in the cheapy ones or if it was just our younger guys getting used to playing from the 5 spot. We were hyper aggressive at forcing the issue in the post.