Clayton had 2 sacks ?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Clayton is a power rusher. He really did well collapsing the LOS on his side in the second half, largely when they got behind. Louisville got worn out. He won't flash as much as typical edge rushers, but he played really well. Wish our DTs were at that level.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
He was ok. He got a couple of garbage type sacks. Not really a disrupter by any means.
Well, we all have an opinion.
I know I’m Blind but I think Clayton is one of the most physically gifted guys I’ve seen. He was consistently pushing the pocket and eventually drawing double teams.
I actually anticipate withdrawal pains at the end of the season concerning how short of a GT career he is going to have. What a great story it would be if he can convert 8 games at Tech into a draft pick and pay day.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Clayton looked really good. Really good. I’m not sure how many snaps he played, but what I saw was a guy who was really good at deciphering plays, defending the run and pushing into the backfield to rush the QB. He was close a few times and didn’t get the sack. He was better than any rush end I’ve seen at GT this year or last.
Clayton played 48 snaps, 29 of which were pass rushes.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, we all have an opinion.
I know I’m Blind but I think Clayton is one of the most physically gifted guys I’ve seen. He was consistently pushing the pocket and eventually drawing double teams.
I actually anticipate withdrawal pains at the end of the season concerning how short of a GT career he is going to have. What a great story it would be if he can convert 8 games at Tech into a draft pick and pay day.
I didn’t focus a lot on Clayton’s play but I did notice several times where he was able to drive the tackle or TE toward the QB. Unfortunately on most of those occasions there was still a clean pocket in front of Cunningham. If he can continue that, we will generate more TFL. I’m curious to see how he progresses with more playing time. I’m hoping he has a great season so other players who decide that being 3rd string at a top school for several years isn’t what they want and will consider tech.

Georgia Tech Fan
He was the best dlineman on the field last night.

Ryan had a sack called back for a face mask. I’d like to see them more in tandem as book ends. Jordan had a good game.

I think the tackles got worked some, especially in the first half.

GTFLETCH

Banned
The D-ends were good. I wouldn't say Clayton was incredible, but he was really good. Domineck, Chico, and Ryans played well too.
However I would say it is the best DE play since 2013/2014 GT defense has seen.... I am excited to see the unit grow through the season.

LibertyTurns

Banned
What a great story it would be if he can convert 8 games at Tech into a draft pick and pay day.
NFL does not draft on performance, they draft on potential. He’ll get drafted. What he does between January and draft day will dictate how high. He should be 2nd or 3rd round easily. Less than that would be disappointing I’d think.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clayton reminds me a LOT of Dee Ford that played for Auburn (now in the NFL). Not tall (Only 6'3) and rangy like modern day DEs, but he's explosive, plays with power and leverage, and has speed to get around the corner. AC was pushing a 6'5 300 OT backwards all game long. Remember, AC hasn't been playing football for 2 years. He's going to get better as the season goes on.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
NFL does not draft on performance, they draft on potential. He’ll get drafted. What he does between January and draft day will dictate how high. He should be 2nd or 3rd round easily. Less than that would be disappointing I’d think.
I certainly have seen workout warriors with eye popping #s at the combine raise their stock .
On the other hand, I think this guy can secure a guaranteed contract with a great season here.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Part of the reason we were disruptive in the 4th quarter is because we rotate a lot of guys throughout the game. In the 4th our pass rush guys still have fresh legs because they get a chance to rest. I really like our DE's. Clayton, Domenick, Ryan's, Dingle, etc. gives us a good rotation without a ton of drop off. We need a few stud DTs and more athletic LBs in the front 7. I believe we have addressed the latter but they a re e still very young.