Class of 2023

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Ringing in the new year and bringing in the new talent.
Recruited this big stud out of PA.

National ranking has to be off if he's the #15 1B and #2 in PA.
upload_2020-1-1_13-15-31.png

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Good looking Freshman prospect at 86 mph.
Needs to be on a better team than the Jackets. They didn't fair well in their World Series Bracket. 1-4. Yikes.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=439784
Lots of PG events, but I guess you get that when you're near/in ATL.

I'm sure he's on the radar. Hope he stays healthy.

GT is very fortunate to have so much talent nearby and coming into ATL to play to be easily seen by the coaches.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
@Buzzbomb
Where do you find these guys? Do you get to go to the local showcases or whatever and see them in action?

Given the enormity of the recruiting class and coverage. These guys have to get in front of the coaches/scouts at an event, camp or tournament to get on the radar.
If you make all tourney team that definitely makes you stand out above the rest and get noticed. Write ups/Scout notes help too.

I don't think many of the coaches go to showcases and rather watch live action stuff at various tournaments and see more guys in their element.
You'll see a lot of coaches/scouts, etc with stopwatches as they're timing the guys batting and getting to 1st.

http://dannyhallbaseballcamp.com/ is the link to onsite camps at GT.

If you're local and watch to peek, next Prospect camp is Saturday the 11th.

Game action that day.
Here is the agenda
http://dannyhallbaseballcamp.com/events/winter-prospect-camp-2020/

A lot of kids are shut down or just working out off season to prep for Spring.
A lot of the pitchers are shut down at this time of year.

Best way to get on radar and exposure is onsite camps and tourney GT is in attendance.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@eokerholm , no Sir, I don’t attend the showcases. I started looking up whatever video was available, once I noticed the connection with “Canes” on the other two 2023 commits. They all three seem to be friends. Here is one of the connections:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Dual offer or just football? Great get for a 23 throwing gas!!!
Football, first. Scholarship wise. Right now, he wants to play both.
Similar situation as Khaya Wright. I want to compare him to Goose Godsey or Jim Gallahger who was a HS QB, moved to TE(part of our NC 1990 team)and was a HS All-American, Flame-Thrower on Long Island.

Last edited:

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Football, first. Scholarship wise. Right now, he wants to play both.
Similar situation as Khaya Wright. I want to compare him to Goose Godsey or Jim Gallahger who was a HS QB, moved to TE(part of our NC 1990 team)and was a HS All-American, Flame-Thrower on Long Island.

Great get and cheap if Football scholarship first and he play both and he's local to GA. Great way to grab some talent and not eat into the 11.7.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
here is his Football offer tweet...
DYLAN LONERGAN

Freshman All American Game QB

Freshman Varsity Highlights

Looks like a stud.

baseball BP

Busy boy....as a Freshman!!
Saw FB offers from WV, Army.
Visits to SC, Clemson, GA,

Pitching Video

More in the tank with improved mechanics and leg drive...

If he's accepted baseball, you want this guys PG ranking included in the GT Class. We'd get another 15 points for the 2023 recruiting class with his #8 overall National Ranking....