Class of 2023

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Brett Denby (SS, New Albany, Ind., 6-0, 175, R-R, Jeffersonville HS)
Batted .351-2-17 with 13 stolen bases for the Red Devils as a junior while playing for coaches Derek Ellis and Shane Stock….Also posted a 3-1 mark and 1.80 ERA with 29 strikeouts in 19 innings in 2022…Ranked among the top five players in the state of Indiana by Perfect Game including the top shortstop…Hit .341-1-19 with 14 stolen bases as a sophomore plus went 2-1 with a 3.31 ERA in 25 innings as the team went 17-13…Summer action with the Cincinnati Spikes…Son of Kendra and Timothy Denby.

“From the moment I was introduced to the program and coaching staff, I fell in love with the culture and everything about being a Georgia Bulldog,” said Denby. “My late grandfather was a diehard Georgia fan, and I’m excited to attend the university that he loved.”

Coach Stricklin on Denby: “Brett is a very athletic shortstop from the state of Indiana. He is one of the top defenders in the country and has a chance to pitch out of the bullpen too. He has a fastball in the low 90s and a good breaking ball.”

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Brett Denby (SS, New Albany, Ind., 6-0, 175, R-R, Jeffersonville HS)
Batted .351-2-17 with 13 stolen bases for the Red Devils as a junior while playing for coaches Derek Ellis and Shane Stock….Also posted a 3-1 mark and 1.80 ERA with 29 strikeouts in 19 innings in 2022…Ranked among the top five players in the state of Indiana by Perfect Game including the top shortstop…Hit .341-1-19 with 14 stolen bases as a sophomore plus went 2-1 with a 3.31 ERA in 25 innings as the team went 17-13…Summer action with the Cincinnati Spikes…Son of Kendra and Timothy Denby.

“From the moment I was introduced to the program and coaching staff, I fell in love with the culture and everything about being a Georgia Bulldog,” said Denby. “My late grandfather was a diehard Georgia fan, and I’m excited to attend the university that he loved.”

Coach Stricklin on Denby: “Brett is a very athletic shortstop from the state of Indiana. He is one of the top defenders in the country and has a chance to pitch out of the bullpen too. He has a fastball in the low 90s and a good breaking ball.”

What the?!?... this quote from an old commitment or what?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What the?!?... this quote from an old commitment or what?
No need to get your panties in a wad. Stricklin was canned, but he knew talent. Just giving you some insight into the player. Lucky the young man chose us, after the family had legacy to Athens. Most of us want to know the history, & with research would have found out the whole story eventually. Head can go back into the sand. Lol.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
No need to get your panties in a wad. Stricklin was canned, but he knew talent. Just giving you some insight into the player. Lucky the young man chose us, after the family had legacy to Athens. Most of us want to know the history, & with research would have found out the whole story eventually. Head can go back into the sand. Lol.
No skin off my back... just didn’t want the kid to show up and realize he committed to the wrong school.:ROFLMAO:
It was just an odd transition from GT commitment to dream come true for a lifelong Georgia Bulldog.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
No skin off my back... just didn’t want the kid to show up and realize he committed to the wrong school.:ROFLMAO:
It was just an odd transition from GT commitment to dream come true for a lifelong Georgia Bulldog.
I couldn’t go back and edit after you said something, because time ran out. The commitment at the top is dated today(July 19, 2023). What should have been inserted, above the main contents of the article that I copied; was that it came from the Indiana press if remembering correctly. Can’t recall what I had for breakfast either. Smile? My bad for going too fast, but not for bringing up that he had signed an LOI with those Mutts.

Will wait and let @FittedJacket or @eokerholm bring you all the goings on. Takes up too much time, between here and The Hive.