Class of 2021 - Baseball Commits

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Good outing today. 5 1/3 IP pitched 12Ks and 92 mph on radar in Tomball, TX.
Played with Premier to get some reps to stay fresh and ramp up for Ft. Meyers WWBA (since they moved Jupiter) 10/8-10/12
Coming to ATL next weekend to play with East Cobb. Will play with Padres Scout Team/ECB in Ft. Meyers (East Cobb's Jupiter team name for some reason....???)

My bad. Posted in the wrong topic....

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
C flew to ATL to play with East Cobb this weekend to get more reps and ramp up for Ft Meyers WWBA (aka Jupiter). I asked him to grab some pics of the field construction if he made it to campus. He got to meet more GT signees. He said Jett (‘21) was impressive this weekend. Jackson (‘22) was on Orange so he got to meet him too.so great to meet everyone and get together.

Great outing and write up by PG scout! 13Ks 6IP shutout. Fun trip

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
And Harry even pitched today!!?????!!!
7D5FA21D-608C-4174-BD8B-58CACF9201E2.jpeg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like Keegan Allen (21 RHP, 9.5 PG rating) is gone from Perfect Game listing of commits. Don't know what's up but we still have 5 RHPs left in the class:
Carter Daniels 10 PG rating
Logan McGuire 10
Christian Okerholm 9
Aeden Finateri NR
Cameron Clines NR

So the 2021 Class is now #16 with a LOT of time and the draft to go. We likely could see Daniels or McGuire get drafted high enough to not be able to say no. I didn't see why Keegan decommited, but these are teenagers and stuff happens. We are in the weird position (for us, not Vandy or Florida) of being concerned about playing time for highly ranked players. Great problem but different.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what happened with Keegan. Good kid.
Christian really liked him and they hung out all summer on East Cobb.
McQuire and Daniels did make the top 300 draft picks on someone's draft list.

Here are PG stats on the class.
ERA is jacked up per DiamondKast, but we have a BadAss Crew incoming, y'all!!
Every one of them gets 1K/inning across PG career. Christian and Carter are at/over 2K/IP this season.
Carter didn't do too many events this summer. Either did Cameron Clines.

What stats do you folks look at when evaluating pitchers? K/IP? WHIP? ERA?

LHP and RHP listed below from PG:
1601900317446.png

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Harry is a beast! Super great young man! Was really fun to see Christian hanging with his signing classmates this summer/fall. We will miss Harry, if he doesn’t make it to campus. He’s so freaking talented and dominant I wish him only the best in the draft. Someone is going to get a beast behind and at the plate!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Big Day today! NLI SIGNING DAY!!!!
Didn't want to spam the group, but they're tweeting out the class today as the NLIs come in.

Christian's Signing Ceremony is at 2pm (CT) at his HS field with his teammates, friends, and family. I'll be for sure getting pictures and video.

A great day for a great day indeed!
Love the Hashtag they're using #21Savages

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Big Day today! NLI SIGNING DAY!!!!
Didn't want to spam the group, but they're tweeting out the class today as the NLIs come in.

Christian's Signing Ceremony is at 2pm (CT) at his HS field with his teammates, friends, and family. I'll be for sure getting pictures and video.

A great day for a great day indeed!
Love the Hashtag they're using #21Savages

Congratulations to Christian & your whole family. Have a great day. Soak it all up.