CJ Leggett

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently @John does not consider this a personal attack but considered my reply such. I will amend.

If "by who," you mean "by whom," I meant by me. I wrongly assumed this would be obvious. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify.

As for the point being made to which I responded, I gave an example of a starting A-Back being moved to B-Back thereby disproving the "there's no chance" which you considered a good point. I also mentioned two players not on the 2 deep who have played more meaningful snaps at A-Back than any current backup at B-Back. Rather than typing LOL, perhaps you could give your reasons for supporting the claim of "there's no chance."

By the way, I don't mind when someone offers an opinion different from mine, but when their opinion is that there is "no chance" that my opinion is right or that my hope will be met, then I expect them to discuss it rationally and with data. Otherwise, it seems like a personal attack, calling me an idiot in a way that @John finds acceptable.

Misuse of statistics. The point being made was about Synjyn Days. There is a difference between the statements "There is no chance that an A-Back, any A-Back could move to B-back" and "There is no chance that Synjyn Days could move to B-back".

BTW, I don't agree with the point. Just pointing out the logical fallacy in your argument (mostly because you seem to choose whatever statistic applies to the point that you are trying to make at that time).

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Misuse of statistics. The point being made was about Synjyn Days. There is a difference between the statements "There is no chance that an A-Back, any A-Back could move to B-back" and "There is no chance that Synjyn Days could move to B-back".

BTW, I don't agree with the point. Just pointing out the logical fallacy in your argument (mostly because you seem to choose whatever statistic applies to the point that you are trying to make at that time).

Thank you. I'm not sure I follow you. I responded to a claim of "no chance" was my hope reasonable. I didn't offer statistics but facts, what we've done in the past and our current roster. With respect to Synjyn, the post to which I responded did not mention anything about him beyond being a starting A-Back.

Could you please clarify your post.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, I have always felt Days would make a better BB than AB. He is a physical guy who handles contact well. I also feel he is way better in the trash, with good body lean and high knees, than he is running towards the boundary out in space. I always guessed that AB was his position because of his ball security issues. If he has progressed to the point that we can trust him with the MESH and immediate contact, in terms of hanging on to the ball, it might be a worthy experiment.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Would love an artificially intelligent personal attack detector (AIPAD for short). I'm certain it would do a much better job of keeping the board clean than the four of us have been doing. :blackeye:

There must be a CS major specializing in AI that can help with this. :cool:

Edit: We may need to come up with a different name/acronym, we may get Apple's attention with AIPAD.
Now we'll see the cream rise to the top! Only the best posters will be able to get off a salvo of personal attacks and do it so subtly it goes undetected! ;)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Would love an artificially intelligent personal attack detector (AIPAD for short). I'm certain it would do a much better job of keeping the board clean than the four of us have been doing. :blackeye:

There must be a CS major specializing in AI that can help with this. :cool:

Edit: We may need to come up with a different name/acronym, we may get Apple's attention with AIPAD.

My engineering boss once told me that I had a personal responsibility to the public safety and that in all my actions and technical decisions I should first consider how I would defend my actions and decisions to a Judge and Jury. In the case of this Forum you should consider how you would vocalize in person face to face (man to man) and if you would be willing to display your behavior to your Mother and kids. The internet is not an excuse for childish behavior. This Forum provides us an opportunity for good information and intertainment and I am not interested in waisting my time listening to school yard bullying behavior, name calling, andpersonal attacks. Be your own AIPAD!

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
OK
Barry Sanders 5'8
Emmitt Smith 5'9
Jamal Anderson 5'11 (yeah right)

Jonathon Dwyer 5'11
Doug Martin 5'9
Frank Gore 5'9
Alfred Morris 5'9
Ray Rice 5'8
Trent Richardson 5'9
Maurice Jones Drew 5'7
Doug Martin 5'9

I can go on.
Per Rivals, Scout, and Hudl CJ is 5'10 ESPN & 247 list him as 5'9
I think his height is fine.

I still don't know.... Could you list a few more? It would make me feel better.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I have always felt Days would make a better BB than AB. He is a physical guy who handles contact well. I also feel he is way better in the trash, with good body lean and high knees, than he is running towards the boundary out in space. I always guessed that AB was his position because of his ball security issues. If he has progressed to the point that we can trust him with the MESH and immediate contact, in terms of hanging on to the ball, it might be a worthy experiment.
I feel the same about Days.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
So...is CJ Leggett a true B back or just a fill in until the next recruiting cycle finishes?
Your guess is as good as mine here. I honestly could see this going either way. I think he has the skill set to be atleast adequate at either position. My guess is BB long term though, wouldn't shock me to see him moved after two years though.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Your guess is as good as mine here. I honestly could see this going either way. I think he has the skill set to be atleast adequate at either position. My guess is BB long term though, wouldn't shock me to see him moved after two years though.

I agree. D Wilson and Leggett will have to be the BBs to start the 2015 season. Anybody else we sign will likely not be a ready to heavily contribute early in 2015. IMO he is better than at least adequate but as CPJ says "that is why we play the games". I agree he may move to AB sometime later. Good news is that he fits either need pretty well even without being any taller.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer

I'll disagree with you to an extent, boomer. I've always been under the impression days was at aback because of his blocking ability in space. I agree he runs better through contact than he does at the boundary. I just think everyone's glossing over why he's starting at aback because I'm pretty sure it's not his home run threat.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I'll disagree with you to an extent, boomer. I've always been under the impression days was at aback because of his blocking ability in space. I agree he runs better through contact than he does at the boundary. I just think everyone's glossing over why he's starting at aback because I'm pretty sure it's not his home run threat.
I think putting Days back at BB is an interesting proposition. I'm sure that the coaches are looking into it, given our lack of depth now at BB.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer

Perhaps, but I have to imagine that that ship has sailed, what with him as a RS-SR and a starter at A back (and a solid starter in Laskey)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think putting Days back at BB is an interesting proposition. I'm sure that the coaches are looking into it, given our lack of depth now at BB.

Whoever else we put at BB needs to return for 2015. Our BB problem and depth is much more severe next season. We could do OK with Laskey, Connors, and Wilson this year but we need somebody in addition to Wilson ready to go in 2015. Therefore I am not in favor of Days or Perkins moving to BB. Our better choices are a proven RB to transfer in, a stud Freshman recruit who is low risk academically, someone else on the team to move to BB (Bryan, Allen), or Leggett which is the more likely choice IMO. Regardless it is critical to do good recruiting for AB and BB in the 2015 class.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I thought Days should have been moved to safety.
I like the Leggett/Wilson/ & Lands-Davis combo.. Thant sounds real good. (y)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don’t see how there is 4 pages worth of BB discussion right now. Leggett is the ONLY choice for BB. I don’t see anybody else on the team even being able to beat out Connors or Wilson for #2 BB this year and although I like Wilson, he is not talented enough IMO to be the feature BB in 2015.

I’m okay with redshirting Leggett this year if the coaches choose to but at least tell him he’s the BB for 2015 so he can start learning the position. I have a hard time seeing us going into 2015 with no one but Wilson at BB and praying we land a solid BB recruit capable of starting as a freshman. Leggett is the only player on the team right now with the tools required to be a good BB in 2015. You can fill AB with just about any athlete.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don’t see how there is 4 pages worth of BB discussion right now. Leggett is the ONLY choice for BB. I don’t see anybody else on the team even being able to beat out Connors or Wilson for #2 BB this year and although I like Wilson, he is not talented enough IMO to be the feature BB in 2015.

While I agree with you concerning Leggett, how are you able to determine that about Wilson?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
While I agree with you concerning Leggett, how are you able to determine that about Wilson?
It’s just my opinion. I do like Wilson but I haven’t been able to figure him out. He runs very high and he’s not extremely quick which is odd for a BB. Laskey runs kind of high too but has the height to be able to pull it off. I also think Laskey has a quicker burst off the line. Wilson runs more like an AB in my eyes. Not very explosive but has some elusiveness to him in the open field. He could prove me wrong and I hope he does. I just see him more as an AB.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Laskey is almost 6'3. He's never going to run 3 feet off the ground. I think Laskey runs with a purpose and it shows every time he has the ball. I agree..Laskey is much quicker/faster than he gets credit for.