CJ Leggett signs with Mercer

Deleted member 2897

CJ was dismissed from the team last summer for a violation of team rules.

biojacket06

Georgia Tech Fan
Last I heard, if you do premed at Mercer you get automatic admission to their med school. Good way for him to play the system for a free private school education if that's his plan.

Link? That's pretty hard to believe.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Just what a friend of mine told me when he decided to go to Mercer for premed. He probably meant they have relaxed standards for their own undergrads.
This is probably the truth. Their med school's mission statement is something along the lines of looking to serve rural and understaffed GA and their admissions office has said to people in the past they give an edge to people from the surrounding area or more likely to stay in the region. I was there on a visit once in high school and they talked about how they would take someone who went to school in GA with slightly lower MCAT and GPA than someone from like Duke with slightly higher numbers because the GA resident would be more likely to practice in the area. I think their student body is almost exclusively in state, too.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Too bad he messed up
Wish we still had him. Maybe he has overcome his problems. Probably a good kid. Wish him well in the future.