Cj leggett gone?

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Had to be sliding down the depth chart. I can't imagine he was looking at significant playing time and still decided to transfer. We really need Allen to stay healthy this season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
You can never have enough depth, as was demonstrated last year. Bets of luck to him if true.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'll believe this when I see something official. Hope it isn't true, but it looks like it might be.

What this tells me is that the rumors about Mills might be true. I can't think that CJ wouldn't have thought that he could make into a committee with MM or Quaid this year. Oth, if it looks like Mills is a frosh starter, then I can see why he might decide that it was time to move on. That is very bad for him, of course; I think if he had remained healthy he was on track to be a 3 year starter at BB. Oth, it might be good news for Tech if Mills is as good as advertised.

The big problem, as MGT pointed out on another thread, is that this leaves us with two BBs with game experience. You'd like to go into the year with a putative starter in the mix. Let's all hope that works out.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Did he ever recover from injuries? Well, maybe we can add another DEF lineman.Having five Bbacks was bit excessive.

I do not know about his injury recovery, but as I recall he had medical academic interests and his transfer could be related to academic pursuits as well as football depth chart issues. I was always concerned about his staying 5 years (after his injury) at Tech as long as he still wanted to pursue his medical career. I am disappointed if he transfers but I certainly wish him well. This probably makes the decision to not RS Mills a much easier decision.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Dadgum.

We've been consistent, it seems, in enforcing team rules. I suspect a scaled back version of suicide by cop. If you're fired, you didn't quit.

Just speculation.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, I got my answer and it is really too bad. I feel for CJ. I doubt if any of this would have happened if he could have played last year and, as I said above, I think he would have started 3 years if he had. He's a very talented young man.

I hope he can rebound from this and rebuild his career with another program. Or, better, concentrate on his studies and get the education that'll serve him for the rest of his life. CJ, if you read this, don't be too discouraged. You can get through such difficulties. It'll be hard at first, but things will work out.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
This seems to be the norm before summer/fall practice begins.
When was the last season we DIDN'T have a casualty of some kind.
Good luck to CJ in his future endeavors (it's like de ja vu all over again)