Christian Malloy transferring back?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
That's better then Griffin averaged this year (you can check). I would welcome a bit more experience, but, for the third time, I doubt if Malloy will see the field at Tech again.

Too bad, that.
Griffin was injured almost the entire season, and was 4th on the depth chart in a very talented RB room. Malloy is somewhere down the depth chart at CCU, which doesn't even come close to having the RB room we had this past season. Use your noggin next time chief.

JacketFan137

Banned
Griffin was injured almost the entire season, and was 4th on the depth chart in a very talented RB room. Malloy is somewhere down the depth chart at CCU, which doesn't even come close to having the RB room we had this past season. Use your noggin next time chief.
yeah we had two very clear nfl prospects ahead of griffin and he was hurt. RB was maybe the only position we had true depth at so it made no sense for us to even rush him back. not remotely comparable situation

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Griffin redshirted this year lol. He wasn’t being played on purpose. That’s not a good argument or comparison at all.
Oh, well, since you insist. In 2020, Griffin had 33 attempts and in 2019 47. Or, to put it another way, roughly the same number of carries per year that Malloy did and Griffin's carries have decreased over the last three years.

Mind, I expect Griffin to challenge for a starting role this year (but I doubt he'll beat out Smith) and, for the fourth time, I don't expect Malloy to wear a Tech jersey again. But … if he does he would be a good reserve, especially on special teams. That's how CC used him.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Oh, well, since you insist. In 2020, Griffin had 33 attempts and in 2019 47. Or, to put it another way, roughly the same number of carries per year that Malloy did and Griffin's carries have decreased over the last three years.

Mind, I expect Griffin to challenge for a starting role this year (but I doubt he'll beat out Smith) and, for the fourth time, I don't expect Malloy to wear a Tech jersey again. But … if he does he would be a good reserve, especially on special teams. That's how CC used him.
By the way: the OP said (and it’s true) that Malloy played 31 snaps total. That’s not 31 attempts. That’s 31 snaps. AKA he was on the field when the ball was snapped for just 31 plays all year. Jamious had more carries in both seasons he didn’t redshirt as a freshman and sophomore than Malloy was on the field as a RS Jr. Jamious has been on the field for dozens, if not hundreds, of more plays then Malloy has, making him way more experienced anyway. And that’s not even taking into account the fact he was behind a Heisman hopeful and almost certain early round NFL draft pick for the last 2 seasons.

And, Griffin’s carries didn’t decrease from 2019 to 2020, they increased along with his receptions. He had 37 carries in 9 games in 2019 and 47 in 7 games in 2020. That’s an increase of about 2.5 touches per game if you’re keeping track at home. Him redshirting makes his touches from 2021 irrelevant

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
People are willing to die on their favorite hobby horses over whether or not Malloy is a good running back. Sheesh.

Here’s a news flash. He would be a good running back for Tech to get but it sounds like that’s never going to happen.

Why don’t we quit bumping this thread unless something substantial changes about Malloy?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Dude’s getting 6.5 ypc! Why not get him more touches? This could be a hell of a pick up for us!
This is the best news in weeks, guys!
Better then Gibbs!!!!!

But seriously, you never know who's going to be able to help you out. Some guys are just waiting for a chance...