Chris Milton moves to CB

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
[quote="ATL1, post: 39902, member: thats DJ White & Milton at corner?
who was safety?[/quote]

White, Milton at CB...Griffin and Durham as backups.

Johnson and Golden at S...Smith as well.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Always thought this was the position he should be playing. Jamal Golden as well (well, QB Golden...but oh hey...).

One of the "downfalls" in signing all these QBs/Athletes is it takes time to find them a position and it sets them back in their development because they're getting moved around.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Golden should be a corner or a AB... but I am no expert. I don't like the way he tackles for a safety. He tackles like an A-Back blocking.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I must be the only one who likes Golden as Safety. I don’t think he tackles great but I don’t think he covers well enough to play corner. He can make plays in passing situations from Safety.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Golden made some great interceptions with the most notable in 2012 bowl game.

He is fast, agile, and shows great instincts or field vision when in the return game (similar to running in space as an AB). I am so glad to have him back for returns. He was very steady versus the others that came after him.

Golden does tend to shy from contact. I remember one scrimmage where Laskey was running and Golden was bending away from contact. Roof was hammering hime with rolled up papers and serval choice words to go after Laskey.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Golden does tend to shy from contact. I remember one scrimmage where Laskey was running and Golden was bending away from contact. Roof was hammering hime with rolled up papers and serval choice words to go after Laskey.
It stands to reason since as a return man you're trying every which way to avoid contact. Our last db/punt returner didn't like tackling either. (Tarrant)

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
This is no surprise at all.When a TRUE Fr is your next best option,it is obvious.--- But we do have 8 Abacks

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Golden made some great interceptions with the most notable in 2012 bowl game.

areed, this is his best attribute as a DB, i'm expecting our int's to go up this year with him and IJ on the field together, hopefully for a whole season. Golden is such a awesome and valuable return man that i almost hate to see him in a postion like safety where there's so much contact to increase his chances of being injured.