Chris Martin has left the team

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I know he went through a lot in the past 18 months. Let's keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Brandon Adams was a close friend for him.

It may not be ideal for the team, but we are bigger than that. We are here for what's best for these young men. Godspeed to an amazing young man who has an extremely bright future.

Deleted member 2897

I’ve never lost a close friend, but that’s got to make you embrace life in a different way. I’ve had a step sister best a bad rash of cancer, and she’s never been the same even a decade later. Completely changed her attitude and approach to life. Best wishes to Chris!

Deleted member 2897

Clearly a short term loss for the team but hopefully a long term success for Chris and the program. This is another example of what Tech is selling - education with football, graduation, and competitive employment with 40 yrs of success. Best of luck to this young man

The job market right now is kind of a mess. The guy has always struck me as being pretty darn smart – if he got a good job opportunity, it would be hard to roll the dice and turn that down right now hoping to find its equal in three months.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Best wishes for Chris Martin. Tough to give up an opportunity to play college football, but sometimes in life you have to make decisions that's best for the rest of your life. Sounds like that's exactly what he's doing. He's always repped GT well, and I'm sure we'll see him back on the Flats in the future.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Super happy for Chris. Best of luck to him off the field. On the field, I don’t think this will be a major loss (barring injuries). He was our lowest graded defender last year of any player with significant snaps. Missed almost as many tackles as he made.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Super happy for Chris. Best of luck to him off the field. On the field, I don’t think this will be a major loss (barring injuries). He was our lowest graded defender last year of any player with significant snaps. Missed almost as many tackles as he made.
Nice!:cautious: