Choice and Burton meet the media

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Is it just me or does Nate resemble Dabo. He could be head coach material down the road the way he handled that. And TC is just so full of optimism as he always was and i’m sure will get 100% effort out of the RBs like he used to give or they’ll ride the pine. I’m really pulling for these guys. And that’s no shot at PJ as I supported him

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Me too.
Good communicators

'Choice had me when he was asked about the challenge and he said. ".I relish it... grew up on it .. THIS IS WHO I AM..."

Could be real good.
This is a young man's game

Look at the coaches credited for Chan's recruiting success back in the day. He realized recruiting for the most part is a young man's game. Assistant's do the bulk of the lifting, and the HC comes in to take it across the finish line. Gailey brought those young guys in and recruiting took off. If he would have done it sooner, he might of been around to actually coach those elite guys that were signed.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Look at the coaches credited for Chan's recruiting success back in the day. He realized recruiting for the most part is a young man's game. Assistant's do the bulk of the lifting, and the HC comes in to take it across the finish line. Gailey brought those young guys in and recruiting took off. If he would have done it sooner, he might of been around to actually coach those elite guys that were signed.

Gailey would still be around if he stuck with the protospread he ran with ball in ball's first years.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Gailey would still be around if he stuck with the protospread he ran with ball in ball's first years.

His conservatism lost him as many games as it won. And the game today would likely mean we'd lose by 30 unless he got an OC to run something different than 10 yard outs every play.

Would've been interesting to see if he got to use Dwyer. I think he would've worked pretty well in a 2-back power offense, but Bond was moving us more to a 1 back offense.

But this is neither here nor there. Love the passion from Choice and Burton.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Part of the reason he was let go was how he kind of wasted the most elite guy we've ever had. That Wake game still haunts me.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I am so pumped about the attitude and approach of this new staff. The thing about the HC , or at least should be, is that they set the tone. They are the " face " of the program.
CGC's energy and attitude is contagious and speaks to today's players and fans. . Our previous coach, at many times in public. just seemed annoyed by the whole process.
In today's game , that just won't work anymore.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I am so pumped about the attitude and approach of this new staff. The thing about the HC , or at least should be, is that they set the tone. They are the " face " of the program.
CGC's energy and attitude is contagious and speaks to today's players and fans. . Our previous coach, at many times in public. just seemed annoyed by the whole process.
In today's game , that just won't work anymore.

Calm down man. Too much optimism and the party poopers come out like a horde of zombies.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Tachards energy is kinetic. He’ll bring a lot of the Gailey & O’Leary guys back. Not to mention the A-Town swag will be back on the sidelines.

T.I. & Big Boi will be on the Flats next season. Being from the south side he’ll bring 2Chainz & Waka too. Maybe GT can borrow from the United in bringing celebrities on campus before kickoff.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
And he could not beat the DWAGS, even with bonuses on the line.

Losing to ugag in 2006 was unacceptable. The rest of those Ugag teams he faced were on par with their 17 and 18 teams.

Look at the list of teams that actually did beat the 02, 03, 04, 05, or 07 ugag teams.
02: #24 UF
03: #1 LSU, #25 Florida, #1 LSU
04: #15 UT, #2 Auburn
05: #16 UF, #15 Auburn, #6 WVU
07: Unranked South Carolina, #12 UT

Gailey wasn't the answer (he should have been gone after the 51-7 quit-fest), but he faced the strongest six year run of ugag teams in history.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Tachards energy is kinetic. He’ll bring a lot of the Gailey & O’Leary guys back. Not to mention the A-Town swag will be back on the sidelines.

T.I. & Big Boi will be on the Flats next season. Being from the south side he’ll bring 2Chainz & Waka too. Maybe GT can borrow from the United in bringing celebrities on campus before kickoff.

I’ve been hoping for that for years, having ATL rappers associate with GT would really help our image and recruiting imo.