Chip Long's Tulane Offense v. Oklahoma 2021 Film Analysis

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
giphy.gif

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lots of opinions on here, lots of anecdotal evidence, and virtually no facts. But I think our moderator is probably right. There isn’t enough data to support one approach over the other but more a matter of preference and what you are good at.

I am ready for Tech to get good at a particular approach, whatever it is, and then execute what we are good at.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
It might be difficult to practice, and the pass blocking OL might not have the right body type or athleticism to get down and dirty and drive block, but if there were one play I would steal from CPJ, it’s the midline option on short yardage.
Doing any one thing too often has diminishing returns, but that was a devastating play a large percentage of the time for short yardage.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
This was one of the games and more specifically set of downs that got me so frustrated with CPJ towards the end of his time here.

If I remember correctly we gained like 7-8 yards on 1st down prior to this 4th down stop. We ran five or sneak 3 straight times out of the same formation and didn’t get the 1st down and eventually lost.

Duke had 9 guys within 4ish yard of the LOS and all essentially inside the tackle box yet we did the same thing and failed 3 straight times. All from under center btw.

CPJ was asked after the game why and he said STTE “if we can’t pick up a yard, we don’t deserve to win.”

While I agree with that statement, his stubbornness seemingly didn’t give us a chance.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It might be difficult to practice, and the pass blocking OL might not have the right body type or athleticism to get down and dirty and drive block, but if there were one play I would steal from CPJ, it’s the midline option on short yardage.
Doing any one thing too often has diminishing returns, but that was a devastating play a large percentage of the time for short yardage.
I agree. I would have the midline and speed option in my playbook regardless of style of offense.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We had both and ran both. Some successful and some not

Speed option
giphy.gif

Midline

giphy.gif
You're doing the lord's work with this topic my friend. I can't remember how many times you have posted gifs and clips of this and the timing to mesh questions between SG and UC snaps. I would search the site, but I don't want to bring down the host server with a memory burden that large ;)