Chico Bennett enters the portal

All I am saying is player development to me is much more important than some subjective rating of an 18 year old. Give me a Senior laden team that has been coached well over a bunch of 4 star Freshman and Sophomores. That is why this entire transfer thing that has been created is not good for College Football. Our 2014 team was a great example of Seniors that stayed and developed.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
All I am saying is player development to me is much more important than some subjective rating of an 18 year old. Give me a Senior laden team that has been coached well over a bunch of 4 star Freshman and Sophomores. That is why this entire transfer thing that has been created is not good for College Football. Our 2014 team was a great example of Seniors that stayed and developed.

It's not an either or though. You can have good recruiting and good player development.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Wait a minute, so you are saying a guy was misrated. He was a 2 star and he is now NFL talent? huh, imagine that, stars mean nothing,,,lol.
I'm confused at why you don't get this. He was a 2 star TE. His production at TE warranted that rating. However now he is playing an entirely different position that he appears to excel at.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
If I recall correctly michael johnson was ranked as a two star TE too. Or a low 3.
Michael Johnson was a 4*. Not mentioned below - he was also salutatorian for his high school class.
From RR.com
High School
One of the nation's top prep tight ends… team captain and MVP for coach Richard Bush at Dallas County High… caught 42 passes for 650 yards and six touchdowns as a senior while making 92 tackles and 14 sacks… had 25 receptions for 300 yards and three touchdowns as a junior… also an outstanding basketball player, who averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds as a junior.

No. 7 tight end in the nation (Scout.com) No. 2 overall prospect in Alabama (Scout.com) No. 13 overall player in Alabama(Rivals.com)

Scout.com Southeast Top 100 (No. 30)

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Michael Johnson was a 4*. Not mentioned below - he was also salutatorian for his high school class.
From RR.com
High School
One of the nation's top prep tight ends… team captain and MVP for coach Richard Bush at Dallas County High… caught 42 passes for 650 yards and six touchdowns as a senior while making 92 tackles and 14 sacks… had 25 receptions for 300 yards and three touchdowns as a junior… also an outstanding basketball player, who averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds as a junior.

No. 7 tight end in the nation (Scout.com) No. 2 overall prospect in Alabama (Scout.com) No. 13 overall player in Alabama(Rivals.com)

Scout.com Southeast Top 100 (No. 30)
Was a 5.5 3 Star on Rivals

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe thinking Emmanuel Johnson or Akelo?
What? Maybe your thinking of another player?

Yeah, maybe Stone. They're all brand new and look huge. I've been up for about 30 hours. Maybe I shouldn't post right now.

Wasn't Johnson on the outside earlier in the year and then moved inside? Wasn't he outside against FSU?

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Ivey would have had to gain a ton of weight to play inside. I have not seen him play inside either so I am assuming you are referencing someone else. I remember commenting during the NC State game that we had at times 3 freshmen in the game on the dline with Ivey and Kennard at the DE spots.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t see Ivey or Kennard moving out, they’re next men up once Clayton and this new guy White leave after this last years. They’ll be redshirt sophomores by eligibility with 3 years of S&C and with some live reps under Collins’ ATL system.

Nastiness will ensue

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, maybe Stone. They're all brand new and look huge. I've been up for about 30 hours. Maybe I shouldn't post right now.

Wasn't Johnson on the outside earlier in the year and then moved inside? Wasn't he outside against FSU?
Johnson, yes he has played both and is a huge dude