Chico Bennett enters the portal

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
He's apparently very highly rated
Ok, I will throw this out there, So Chico transfers, a 3 star because we are bringing in another 3 star that played in sub division, non P5. just trying to get my head around all this recruiting non sense.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I will throw this out there, So Chico transfers, a 3 star because we are bringing in another 3 star that played in sub division, non P5. just trying to get my head around all this recruiting non sense.
The dude broke Old Dominion's school record for TFLs. And he had 4 of those against Virginia and Virginia Tech, so he's proven it against our competition.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He's apparently very highly rated

To the people who say "I don't like when you make a player switch positions in college..." well, here's another example that if a kid has the skillset and work ethic, it's can be a fantastic thing for players and the school. Dude was a 2 star TE out of HS, went to ODU, changed positions his sophomore year...now he's probably going to be earning a BIG paycheck in the NFL.

To the people who say "I don't like when you make a player switch positions in college..." well, here's another example that if a kid has the skillset and work ethic, it's can be a fantastic thing for players and the school. Dude was a 2 star TE out of HS, went to ODU, changed positions his sophomore year...now he's probably going to be earning a BIG paycheck in the NFL.
So you are saying that 2 stars can become maybe 4 star equivalents with hard work and really good coaching????? Yes, I am tweeking the board some who keep dreaming of the 4 star world.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So you are saying that 2 stars can become maybe 4 star equivalents with hard work and really good coaching????? Yes, I am tweeking the board some who keep dreaming of the 4 star world.

I'm just saying kids may play one position in HS but may actually be better off at another position in college.

Juanyeh and Tariq are two guys I still think have a higher ceiling at LB.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I don't think anyone ever said that they couldn't. It's just that they are outliers. This kid is an outlier.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tony Hollings was a good switch made after he arrived. Couldn't believe he hadn't started out at RB after watching him carry the ball.

Jordan Domineck...although he played on defense as a LB in HS, has turned into our best DE and probably will also play on Sundays. Domenick and White are going to be a heck of fun DE tandem.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Jordan Domineck...although he played on defense as a LB in HS, has turned into our best DE and probably will also play on Sundays. Domenick and White are going to be a heck of fun DE tandem.
Agree 100%. Both of them with Clayton is going to be nasty. We might see 30sacks next year👀

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Agree 100%. Both of them with Clayton is going to be nasty. We might see 30sacks next year👀

Ivey looked good, and Kennard came on towards the last few games. Both are true freshmen.

For GT, this is an embarrassment of riches at a position we're usually not very deep at.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
This kid is one of the most sought after DL in the transfer portal, this a huge get. Plus if balanced the roster as he’ll come in a junior. He has NFL talent.

This kid is one of the most sought after DL in the transfer portal, this a huge get. Plus if balanced the roster as he’ll come in a junior. He has NFL talent.
Wait a minute, so you are saying a guy was misrated. He was a 2 star and he is now NFL talent? huh, imagine that, stars mean nothing,,,lol.