Chico Bennett enters the portal

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Nobody has posted this yet
Screenshot_20201214-133104_Instagram.jpg

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I liked Bennett. I think losing him and Brown are both tough losses.
I think Bennett has a bright future. I just tend to think we expect guys like Tatum, Harris and others to start over him immediately. He would serve EXTREMELY well at a Troy, App State, Memphis, or a MAC school. I think if he is given a true shot as a starter he can produce, but needs some development.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Was he not contributing?? I dont understand.
We landed a high 4 star transfer, and picked up another 4 star OLB, while landing 2 more DEs that are expected to be bigger contributors.

Sounds like it was mutual and he is comfortable with it. Very gracious post by Chico.

We will soon see most guys under a 5.6 rating leave the program as we build more and more depth. We soon should have a roster that is mostly built on top 600 players or better. We will take the occasional 5.5 with big upside that is raw, but the days of taking 5.3-5.5 guys because of need are likely behind us.
I'd soon expect to be at a 5.6 or better team across the board minus a couple project guys.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
He had zero sacks this year. Even without Harris coming in, Jordan Domineck, Kyle Kennard, Curtis Ryans and Antonneus Clayton had more of the kind of production you want out WDE. Add Jared Ivey and Sylvain Yondjouen returning from injury. It was a crowded depth chart.
Agreed. And it wasn’t in limited attempts. Chico had more snaps where he rushed the passer this year (144) than everyone on the D except Griffin, Brooks, and Domineck.

slugboy

Staff member
Agreed. And it wasn’t in limited attempts. Chico had more snaps where he rushed the passer this year (144) than everyone on the D except Griffin, Brooks, and Domineck.
Although, if we played him that much, even with a lot of injuries, that shows some confidence in him.

this also probably had something to do with it

Ok, I will throw this out there, So Chico transfers, a 3 star because we are bringing in another 3 star that played in sub division, non P5. just trying to get my head around all this recruiting non sense.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The DE position is improving greatly and has become a deep position. I think we had more sacks this year in a shortened season than we had in the last several years

We had 21 sacks this year. The last time we had at least 20 sacks in a year was 2013 when we had 33 with Attaochu doing his thing. Also that was the last time we were better on TFLs.