Chase Roberts Medically Disqualified

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm sorry that he won't be able to make it back on the field but very glad he will have the opportunity to continue his education.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry to hear about this. I remember Denzel McCoy's career ending before he took the field. I'm glad he still has his scholarship.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's tough to see the silver lining in circumstances like this, but if there's a school where something like this happens to you, GT is about as good of a school as there is. Chase will continue to be on scholarship and will get a world class education. Really sucks for him and his family, but he can still come out on top once he graduates from GT.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Great player and a great family! In the end though it's only a game. He has made a wise choice IMO. Good luck to him and he is right, he will always be a Yellow Jacket!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
So far in your life young Roberts you have made the correct decisions. Enrolling at GT was one of them. Good luck. You are gonna love the next 60 years!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Like others here, I'm disappointed that Chase won't be able to continue his career; he was a revelation last year.

Oth, it really is just a game. Putting your health at serious risk for it would be ridiculous. I hope Chase continues to do well in the classroom and doesn't have regrets for what might have been. His career was short, but he was a true college football player during it. He needs to keep that in mind and not look back.

Good luck with the rest of your life and thanks from all of us.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
All great points given above. I am sure that Chase and his family are glad that he chose Georgia Tech specially now that this situation has occurred.