"Charlie Brown" Team

Ramblin'Man

Banned
Of course we would lay an egg after finally getting lots of recognition last week and getting ranked for the first time in a while. Classic CDH playing Lucy and pulling the ball away from us (Charlie Brown aka the Die hard "Sucker" Fans) just as we are about to kick the ball and be relevant again.

In classic GT style we win 3 0f 4 last week against top 15 teams and take the series from UNC without X and Hurter.

In predictable fashion we get the rug pulled out from us this week and lay a big fat goose egg to dash our hopes of being a legit top 25 team. Right now the best we can do is go 2-2 for the week.

I can almost guarantee what will happen: we win convincingly today and lose by like 1 run on Sunday to drop the series to a wretched BC team with X and Hurter both starting and taking the loss.

Just such a class f'ing Charlie Brown move by the beesball team yet once again, I must be a glutton for punishment following this team for the past two decades. I continue to fall for for the same trick over and over......

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I will continue to complain about our team until we win a College World Series Championship. And then, I will complain after game 1 the next season.

That being said, I like where our team is at right now. A lot of things we need to fix, but better than we've been in a number of years.

Ramblin'Man

Banned
Charlie just kicked the ball 9-1. Tomorrow is another day with a better starting pitcher.

Yes, and if you read my post all the way through I predicted that we would win easily today. I think we lay an egg tomorrow, hope I am wrong but I would bet on Lucy yanking the ball away with us whiffing and landing flat on our arses......

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
And on Sunday against one of the best pitchers in the ACC. Saturday doesn't impress me as much as Sunday does. In the WREK pre-game interview with Hall, he said we had to lay off the high fastball. Not sure whether we did that or something else, but we didn't swing at a lot of pitches that were called balls.

Deleted member 2897

Every long term GT baseball fan has felt the @Ramblin'Man pain. I know I have.

This year's team has a lot of talent. Which is why Eric Sorenson picked us last week to go to Omaha. He may again this week. It took real cajones to win on Saturday and Sunday.

Yep, I mean I see both sides – I disagreed with their premise regardless of whether their production had pinned out today or not. But I feel that same pain.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
And on Sunday against one of the best pitchers in the ACC. Saturday doesn't impress me as much as Sunday does. In the WREK pre-game interview with Hall, he said we had to lay off the high fastball. Not sure whether we did that or something else, but we didn't swing at a lot of pitches that were called balls.

Hahahahaha

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-4-14_19-49-46.jpeg

Hello Charlie, looks like you got duped again by the Chokies, unreal:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't remember you posting after any of our recent wins, but you've made it a point to post after our last 2 losses. Do you only post when you can say something negative after a loss? If you posted something positive after our recent wins and I didn't see it then I sincerely apologize.