Charleston Southern, 7 PM, ACC Network (and McCamish!)

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you for the recap and evaluation of the Jackets in playing with Charleston Southern.
Any one has more information on Tristan Maxwell? He broke his right foot and did not play much last year but seems he has not played much or at all this year. The last game should be a coming out party but did not see him play at all.
Is he in Pastner's dog house?
Tristan was out for the first few games with some dental issue, but was available last night. Pastner said he could have played, and he thinks Tristan would have done well. IMO the problem that Tristan faces is a load of talented kids at his position that are ahead of him because of the injuries. He needs to be patient. Next year we lose Mike and Bubba, so Tristan could be a key part of the guard rotation.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thank you for the recap and evaluation of the Jackets in playing with Charleston Southern.
Any one has more information on Tristan Maxwell? He broke his right foot and did not play much last year but seems he has not played much or at all this year. The last game should be a coming out party but did not see him play at all.
Is he in Pastner's dog house?
He had his wisdom teeth out. Still recovering from that.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
That makes ZERO sense.

I played tackle football 2 days after my wisdom teeth were pulled. Two were impacted and the other two were normal. The only painkillers my doctor gave me was Motrin 800.
They removed mine one at a time. The only pain killers that worked for me was a pitcher of martinis. I slept like a baby! ;)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That makes ZERO sense.

I played tackle football 2 days after my wisdom teeth were pulled. Two were impacted and the other two were normal. The only painkillers my doctor gave me was Motrin 800.
I had four impacted, jaw bone involved with 2, all removed at one time, bled like a stuck pig. I was in my 20s and don’t remember too much about it except I couldn’t eat solid food for two days to avoid tearing some stitches out. I don’t think I would have played basketball since any blow would have sent me back to the doctor for more stitches.

slugboy

Staff member
That makes ZERO sense.

It took me a week, but I hear you. (I think my game was the day after, and the coaches gave me major side eye when I showed for the game. I stood on the sideline)

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
They removed mine one at a time. The only pain killers that worked for me was a pitcher of martinis. I slept like a baby! ;)
Since we are telling “wisdom teeth stories”, I got my first one pulled in the Navy and he did a terrible job. It might have been the same guy that gave us all buzz cuts during indoctrination! My parents felt so sorry for me that they paid for my next extractions when I came home on leave (thankfully).

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I had four impacted, jaw bone involved with 2, all removed at one time, bled like a stuck pig. I was in my 20s and don’t remember too much about it except I couldn’t eat solid food for two days to avoid tearing some stitches out. I don’t think I would have played basketball since any blow would have sent me back to the doctor for more stitches.
Yeah, but it's been 3 weeks or so.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Efficiency rankings (O= offense, D= Defense):

11/20: O 94 / D 104
11/23: O 66 / D 103

Team shooting .507 from the floor (Opp .418), .425 from 3 (Opp. .275) so far this season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This game showed me we had best hope that we don't have any major injuries to Devoe or Usher. Without either of them, we don't dance. With them both playing all season, we are a solid team with a decent chance.

Just keep winnin', babay!

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
This game showed me we had best hope that we don't have any major injuries to Devoe or Usher. Without either of them, we don't dance. With them both playing all season, we are a solid team with a decent chance.

Just keep winnin', babay!
Also made me realize just how badly we need an impact stretch 4 in the portal this offseason

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
i dont think its teeth and i dont think its the flu. i dont think we will see much of maxwell this year.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
i dont think its teeth and i dont think its the flu. i dont think we will see much of maxwell this year.
This may well be true, but I was just sharing what had been disclosed publicly. The longer rotation we have seen, combined with Bubba waiting in the wings, doesn't have a lot of space for more minutes going to people not currently playing. Meka is waiting for minutes behind Usher as well. Think once Bubba is back we will run a lot of 3 guard sets.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hope Saba or Howard can develop that elbow jumper. They had the shot numerous times but were not looking to score. I also hope Saba is really investing in the S&C program. Getting stronger will really help his game. There were a couple times where he has been muscled under the basket by a smaller player. However I was impressed by what I saw from him.
I am not sure where Maxwell gets minutes. There will be even less minutes available when Bubba returns. Who does he take minutes from? I think all of Sturdivant, Smith, Kelly, and Coleman need to play. Unless he is killing it in practice and Pastner can't keep him off the floor I don't think there are enough minutes to go around.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
I really hope Saba or Howard can develop that elbow jumper. They had the shot numerous times but were not looking to score. I also hope Saba is really investing in the S&C program. Getting stronger will really help his game. There were a couple times where he has been muscled under the basket by a smaller player. However I was impressed by what I saw from him.
I am not sure where Maxwell gets minutes. There will be even less minutes available when Bubba returns. Who does he take minutes from? I think all of Sturdivant, Smith, Kelly, and Coleman need to play. Unless he is killing it in practice and Pastner can't keep him off the floor I don't think there are enough minutes to go around.
You are right that some teams play off Howard/Saba when they get the ball. Both have shown they can drive to basket if you get too close.
As for the jumper - Saba can make it already - but suspect he has short leash if he starts taking it unless late in shot clock.
Howard does not have a reliable jump shot from there - and should not shoot from elbow unless shot clock about to expire.

Agree on Maxwell - no minutes to go around. His wisdom tooth issue got him behind Coleman and Kelly - and he is likely just now getting into game shape. If we're ahead he may get in some - but otherwise he should be key part of rotation next year on the wing ... not much playing time this year (unless he kills it in practice like you said) if he looks long term he should get plenty of opportunity to play the next 2 (or 3) seasons on wing with possible spot minutes at point.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Walker Kessler made such a big mistake not coming to GT this past offseason. He barely touches the ball for Auburn.
If I was a big man with supposed undeveloped talent, I’d think I’d be standing in line to work with Reveno. I’m no basketball expert, but the results peak volumes- Lammers, Moses, etc. The dude seems to have some sort of special sauce.