Charles Perkins update

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Laskey's averaging 5.2 ypc and 79 ypg. Only 684 yards to go to 1000. And I expect the blocking to pick up just enough to deliver that soon. Roughly the same schedule that Allen was on in his senior year.

In short, he's doing just fine, thank you very much.
People don't remember the endless "what's wrong with AA" threads that year early. Then he went off. I don't think he is AA in RB skill, but I still think his best football is ahead. The more JT goes off, the wider the lanes will be up the gut.

I thought Laskey had the best game of his career. Dwyer ran for 28 yards on 10 carries against VT in 08. He ran for 82 in 09.Those guys don't disregard the dive, they attack it.
I was proud of Zach.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Charles Perkins is playing GREAT this year. Great news!!!

and to you folks complaining about Laskey...he has no negative yardage plays this season I believe, no fumbles, and makes the defenders remember (or forget sometimes) that he just hit them.

He does need to work on his pass protection though.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I don't think anybody is truly complaining about Lasky or failing to appreciate him. We are nit picking. We all agree he gets nearly every ounce out of his ability and puts forth tremendous effort. Just saying, wouldn't you like a Gurley or Dwyer back there? Aside from UVA last year, I can't remember one single breakaway b-back run in meaningful play since AA left. Heck, even he was a huge drop off from Dwyer in that regard and usually maxed out at about 20 yards.

There was nothing prettier than seeing Dweyer emerge from the middle to break out and take it straight to the house, sometimes untouched.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
yes I would like an NFL RB in the backfield, as would every team in college football. I just don't think it's valid to say we're seeing everything we can see from Laskey, or to lament the fact that he may or may not be able to play at the next level.

Last edited:

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I loved Dwyer dont get me wrong, but I dont think people remember much about how many times Dwyer got stopped at the line of scrimmage. I actually think Laskey is better than Dwyer in the first 3 yards. Looking back at stats wont tell you that cause Dwyer would bust off a couple of 40 yard runs and end up with 130 yards

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I loved Dwyer dont get me wrong, but I dont think people remember much about how many times Dwyer got stopped at the line of scrimmage. I actually think Laskey is better than Dwyer in the first 3 yards. Looking back at stats wont tell you that cause Dwyer would bust off a couple of 40 yard runs and end up with 130 yards
To me, the dive with Laskey is like when Logan Thomas was QB sneaking. They both get hit at the line and power through with a lot of forward lean for 7-12 yards, consistently. Hard to complain about effort and production like that, esp. given Laskey's ball security.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
yes I would like an NFL RB in the backfield, as would every team in college football. I just don't think it's valid to say we're seeing everything we can see from Laskey, or to lament the fact that he may or may not be able to play at the next level.
I don't think we've seen everything from Laskey either. His biggest problem so far this year, is that defenses are completely selling out on the dive and making us beat the other team with the QB and the AB. Once people decide to focus on another aspect, which will happen with the type of season that JT is having, Laskey's numbers will improve. That's the pleasure of this offense when run correctly.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Laskey's averaging 5.2 ypc and 79 ypg. Only 684 yards to go to 1000. And I expect the blocking to pick up just enough to deliver that soon. Roughly the same schedule that Allen was on in his senior year.

In short, he's doing just fine, thank you very much.
Well, to be fair, 3 of the 4 games we have played to date were the weakest teams on our schedule, so I would expect Laskey to be ahead of Allen's senior year pace.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
you're right! I am a huge CP fan this season and really want him to be part of a special season for the Jackets. Love his perseverance.

Ha. Agreed. We did miss him in the VT game, both running and blocking. I expect he will have some big games this year for us.