Charles Perkins update

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, very. Let's hope that the extra week gets all of Charles's wheels under him. He's looked very promising so far and Coach was particularly impressed with his blocking.

Btw, I was glad to see that Coach put Days in at AB late on Saturday. Count me as one of those who think Days should be in the AB rotation. If Zach gets hurt - but Heaven forfend! - Days can always move back to BB. He's too good a player to just sit there, imho.

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
I think I'd like to see a game with Perkins and Days both at A-Back laying the wood on a QB-BB option.
So far I see BBack as just serviceable, we came close to breaking long runs on a couple of plays but shoestring or bad luck would not let that happen

So D can shut down our A Backs and not worry too much about BBACK so far

Best weapons have been JT's running or Smelter receiving but we need other positions to keep teams from focusing on those options.

Do not have X AND O background, just my position as a fan, would like to hear what experienced guys think

Last edited:

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Laskey gets shoestringed so much because he runs upright. If his center of gravity was 6" lower, he'd bull through those, but he's such a tall guy I can see why that's hard.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Laskey gets shoestringed so much because he runs upright. If his center of gravity was 6" lower, he'd bull through those, but he's such a tall guy I can see why that's hard.

what the hell are you talking about? Laskey delivers more of a blow to defenders than he usually receives and usually falls forward. Don't confuse being 6'2 with running high. Ask VT's #19 how high Laskey runs.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it's pretty evident that he runs really, really high. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does contribute to his shoestring slipups.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
what the hell are you talking about? Laskey delivers more of a blow to defenders than he usually receives and usually falls forward. Don't confuse being 6'2 with running high. Ask VT's #19 how high Laskey runs.

Just to play devil's advocate here, GSU Middle Linebacker #40 would say he ran rather high. He was standing Laskey up in the hole all game long. And I like Laskey BTW.

Side note: My brother, who is a rabid UGA fan, even likes Laskey.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I do like Laskey as well, and think he is an extremely reliable player. That said, he does run a bit straight up and lacks the top end speed. We need another Dwyer type player to take this offense to yet another level. Can't wait until Custis gets up to speed :grumpy:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I do like Laskey as well, and think he is an extremely reliable player. That said, he does run a bit straight up and lacks the top end speed. We need another Dwyer type player to take this offense to yet another level. :grumpy:

x2, my exact sentiments. Love his heart and toughness, and he has definitely stepped it up in the blocking department and is a dependable pass catcher. No need to get A$$hurt everytime someone says something critical about the guy, especially if it's true.

gtguy

Georgia Tech Fan
Laskey #37 is most under valued running back in college football. Productive and holds on to the ball . THWG

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Laskey #37 is most under valued running back in college football. Productive and holds on to the ball . THWG

I mean no disrespect to the guy. He's well above average, and I think he's better than Sims was. I just think he runs a bit high. No need to take it personally, unless... is that you, Zach?

tugdog235

Georgia Tech Fan
I do like Laskey as well, and think he is an extremely reliable player. That said, he does run a bit straight up and lacks the top end speed. We need another Dwyer type player to take this offense to yet another level. Can't wait until Custis gets up to speed :grumpy:
Umm, you mean Legget?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Laskey's averaging 5.2 ypc and 79 ypg. Only 684 yards to go to 1000. And I expect the blocking to pick up just enough to deliver that soon. Roughly the same schedule that Allen was on in his senior year.

In short, he's doing just fine, thank you very much.