Charles Mitchell?

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Expect Cox to start at Center and Sampson at PF unless Mitchell can beat him out. And that is a distinct possibility.

There is no returning starter at PG, PF or C. It is wide open. Brand new team!

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I really like Jorgenson but I just don't think we have enough in the backcourt. Really need Jackson and Bolden to step up.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
So basically we traded RC for Mitchell??? And wonder if there was cash consideration? Lol. All these transfers in college basketball makes it feel like free agency.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Need to probably score about 65-70 pts/game to be competitive.

Jacobs will RS and let's assume AD does too. How do we get to that range of points?

MGH 15-18
Tadric 10-15
Sampson 9-12
Bolden 8-12
Mitchell 7-8
Jorgenson 6-10
Cox 5-8
Stephens 4-8
Lammers 2-4
Heyward 2-4
Heath 1-2

The above combinations should get us there. If everyone scored low end, it would be 69/game. If everyone scored high end, we'd be at 101/game, which I think is unrealistic.

The keys are absolutely MGH & Tadric getting buckets and having takeover type games, but I think a team effort should get us adequate points generally speaking.

I'm really excited to see how well our rebounding develops, allowing for offensive opportunities & better defense.
Heyward 2-4? You've gone off the deep end.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
It is to the benefit to Tech he visit the arm pit of the south first. After seeing the dump in Athens, then seeing what Tech looks like it should a no question to what school is the best place to go. He can compare the number of players each has put in the NBA, he can compare head to record. There really is no comparison in the two programs. Sure, Tech is down right now, but still not as low as the mutts. THWG

your the first person i have seen use that phrase "armpit of the south"
I have a good feeling about Stephens. May not be a Durantula clone but I really think he's gonna be really good for us.

if i had to chose between stevens and carter tossing up 3's and 15ft jumpers no doubt who i chose. i see stevens developing into the player that carter wants to be.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be pleasantly surprised if Tadric can come in and contribute more than 10/game. I would also be surprised if Bolden and Jackson combine for 20-25 at the 2. We will need MGH to be in the running for all-ACC and 4 other guys to score more than 9/game each for us to be competitive. I like MGH a lot, but he hasn't shown the killer instinct we need for as much as I expect him to have to carry us next year. I think realistically next year will look a lot like other CBG seasons with a couple games where we look like we could play with any team and then some games where we struggle to get to 50.

I would really like to be wrong and see us win 20, but I don't have a lot of faith in our coach right now.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I will be pleasantly surprised if Tadric can come in and contribute more than 10/game. I would also be surprised if Bolden and Jackson combine for 20-25 at the 2. We will need MGH to be in the running for all-ACC and 4 other guys to score more than 9/game each for us to be competitive. I like MGH a lot, but he hasn't shown the killer instinct we need for as much as I expect him to have to carry us next year. I think realistically next year will look a lot like other CBG seasons with a couple games where we look like we could play with any team and then some games where we struggle to get to 50.

I would really like to be wrong and see us win 20, but I don't have a lot of faith in our coach right now.

I tend to agree with this. I think we'll struggle to get 50 more often than we'll be scoring close to 70+ and I also think that most of that is poor offensive coaching. We have okay talent, which should put us around 6-10 in the ACC but we won't beat the teams that we should beat because we struggle to score and that keeps teams in games and if you're an underdog at home in college basketball with a close game late in the second half... Anything can happen.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
The weakness of GT basketball for 10 years has been the absence of consistent 3 point shooters. It's part of the game and you have to have it.

Why neither Hewitt or Gregory recruit shooters is a mystery. I saw a good Belmont team last year with 3 white kids who could shoot, even if they were slow on defense. They beat UNC and lead UK at halftime.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
well now that the wheeler curse is 'lifted' does it help us with jaylen brown?
I tend to agree with this. I think we'll struggle to get 50 more often than we'll be scoring close to 70+ and I also think that most of that is poor offensive coaching. We have okay talent, which should put us around 6-10 in the ACC but we won't beat the teams that we should beat because we struggle to score and that keeps teams in games and if you're an underdog at home in college basketball with a close game late in the second half... Anything can happen.

he reminds me a bit of carl brown

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
With Mitchell ,it will be the BRUISE bros-he,Jacobs and Cox-all around 6-8,260. The good news-we should get some def Rebs-the bad-none can shoot outside 10 ft

yep, scoring is going to be a HUGE problem -unless at least 2-3 guys start popping 3s over 40%
50 pts will be goal some games

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With Mitchell ,it will be the BRUISE bros-he,Jacobs and Cox-all around 6-8,260. The good news-we should get some def Rebs-the bad-none can shoot outside 10 ft

yep, scoring is going to be a HUGE problem -unless at least 2-3 guys start popping 3s over 40%

Totally agree. Rebounds should be plentiful, while scoring will primarily come from put back opptys on the inside. I do think Mitchell will be capable of some posting up, while Sampson might be a little more versatile in his scoring abilities after redshirting this year.

Whether from 3 or not, our perimeter players need to amp up production.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

Jacobs won't be eligible until 2015.