Charles Mitchell?

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Man we have some big guys now! Maybe not very good guys lol but big.

Stephens 6'9, Cox 6'8, Jacobs 6'8, Mitchell 6'8, Gueye 6'9, and Lammers 6'10 maybe taller. We lost 3 bigs but gained 5.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Gueye id imagine will redshirt. I wouldn't say Stephens is a "big guy". He is tall but he will play on the perimeter. Hopefully he makes a big jump.

We still don't have a proven PG, cant shoot a lick, or have a coach, but at least we have 20 fouls to give in the paint and we will rebound the $hit out of the ball.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Two important things here for me:

1. A Wheeler kid comes to GT :alien: - Is the curse broken?

2. Beat the dwags on the recruiting trail even coming off their mirage of a late season surge last year - Always good to keep them in their place.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully lol, I really think Stephens will develop into a awesome three with plenty of length and a nice touch, I think only one big will red shirt, jacobs has to sit this year

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Big welcome to Mr. Mitchell!

Agree that I think Gueye will redshirt to develop him a bit. He's likely a PF, but models his game after Durant, so we'll see.

Hunch is that Sampson will start, along with Cox or Mitchell, Lammers will get balance of minutes. Stephens might see end of game time at PF if it's coming down to FTs. Stephens should see most of his minutes at SF this year though.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
OK who is the starting five again cause with all the defections and additions I'm lost.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I also think Tadric will start by game 1. He seems more apt to handling pressure and I think Bolden could perform better being under less pressure.

Whether Cox or Mitchell start, I'm not sure, but it'll be more interesting to see who between them finishes games.

MGH, Jorg (if he's ready), & Sampson I agree with as starters.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree. If MGH and Tadric aren't averaging 15ppg I just don't see us doing well unless Q turns into Kevin Durant

I have a good feeling about Stephens. May not be a Durantula clone but I really think he's gonna be really good for us.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Need to probably score about 65-70 pts/game to be competitive.

Jacobs will RS and let's assume AD does too. How do we get to that range of points?

MGH 15-18
Tadric 10-15
Sampson 9-12
Bolden 8-12
Mitchell 7-8
Jorgenson 6-10
Cox 5-8
Stephens 4-8
Lammers 2-4
Heyward 2-4
Heath 1-2

The above combinations should get us there. If everyone scored low end, it would be 69/game. If everyone scored high end, we'd be at 101/game, which I think is unrealistic.

The keys are absolutely MGH & Tadric getting buckets and having takeover type games, but I think a team effort should get us adequate points generally speaking.

I'm really excited to see how well our rebounding develops, allowing for offensive opportunities & better defense.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Gueye id imagine will redshirt. I wouldn't say Stephens is a "big guy". He is tall but he will play on the perimeter. Hopefully he makes a big jump.

We still don't have a proven PG, cant shoot a lick, or have a coach, but at least we have 20 fouls to give in the paint and we will rebound the $hit out of the ball.

Amen on the 20 fouls, make that 20 "quality" fouls. See Joe Hall.