Chad Morris Fired

GT_EE78

Banned
Doesn't sound bad,,, from wikipedia - The 2 years prior to Morris' arrival, Clemson went a combined 15–12, including a record of 6–7 in 2010. Morris introduced a hurry-up, spread offense that helped Clemson to a 42–11 mark over the next four seasons.[3] In December 2011, Morris became tied with Gus Malzahn as the highest paid assistant in college football after Clemson University gave Morris a six-year contract worth $1.3 million annually.[4]

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Chad Morris would be an excellent mercenary hire, knowing he’d be gone again in a few years.
He also has a lot of connections out west, could help with recruiting Texas.
Don’t know if we could afford him though.

Scubapro

Banned
Chad Morris would be an excellent mercenary hire, knowing he’d be gone again in a few years.
This would be monumental if we got that guy. Our D stands a chance to be good next year. Imagine with just some help with the O we could have shot at a really good year.

GT_EE78

Banned
I dunno affordability either but found this - -
Since Morris was fired before Dec. 1, he is owed a buyout just north of $10 million, according USA Today's most recent database. That buyout is to be paid in monthly installments until 2023, but is subject to be offset if he takes another job.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I dunno affordability either but found this - -
Since Morris was fired before Dec. 1, he is owed a buyout just north of $10 million, according USA Today's most recent database. That buyout is to be paid in monthly installments until 2023, but is subject to be offset if he takes another job.
Man, if only I could get a deal like that. You get paid to suck, then you get paid another $10M sit around for 4 years while people talk about how bad you sucked. Do you need a resume for that position?

Cam

Helluva Engineer
From Reddit, it seems like his system is completely reliant on speed at all positions and Arkansas didn't have that type of personnel. One might even say it was a... monumental turnaround. I'd focus more on how this affects us in recruiting. Nick Turner visited a few weeks ago and I doubt he's considering them now.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
From Reddit, it seems like his system is completely reliant on speed at all positions and Arkansas didn't have that type of personnel. One might even say it was a... monumental turnaround. I'd focus more on how this affects us in recruiting. Nick Turner visited a few weeks ago and I doubt he's considering them now.

Speed isnt what we are lacking at any position except lb.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
If he decides to be an OC again, he would be an upgrade for almost any program outside a couple. I don’t know if I think he’s done being a HC. He inherited a 1-11 SMU team and built them into a bowl team (and I think you have to give him a little credit for where SMU is today). He inherited a bad Arkansas team and they never seemed to improve. I am not sure that is a complete indictment against him.

All that to say, no way we can afford him as an OC. I think he was making a million at Clemson.