CGC's Pitt Postgame Press Conference

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Lazy press conference template:

“ blah blah blah ELITE ... blah blah blah TRANSFORMATION ... blah blah blah AMAZING ... blah blah blah MAYHEM. We will win when we score more points than our competitor.”

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Pitt tried to give us teh game... 3 to 4 Turn overs, missed FG, blocked Punt.... Just like the Citadel game, piss poor Coaching!! The players are not the issue.... Coaching is!
Yea I’m sure they coached our QB to fumble on the one yard line. You can call out coaching all you want but you’ve yet to provide any examples of how coaching directly costed us the game yesterday.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Lombardi: “Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing.”

Collins: “Define winning...”

I love this.

Players who played for Lombardi described how is playbook was extremely limited. Sweep right. Sweep left. Draw. Short pass.

But he practiced those plays 20, 30, 40 times u til it was ... a certainty.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Yea I’m sure they coached our QB to fumble on the one yard line. You can call out coaching all you want but you’ve yet to provide any examples of how coaching directly costed us the game yesterday.
Well if you want to run with a QB the person to have starting under center is Tobias Oliver just re watch what he did as a running QB in 2018. SO yes while you are correct that the Coaching staff did not force Lucas Johnson to fumble, he is the QB who was hurt for a year under CPJ and was injured earlier this year.

One would think that the Coaching staff would be able to determine what QB runs with the football better, but I guess not..Again that is Piss Poor Coaching and mis-management of players on the roster!

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Well if you want to run with a QB the person to have starting under center is Tobias Oliver just re watch what he did as a running QB in 2018. SO yes while you are correct that the Coaching staff did not force Lucas Johnson to fumble, he is the QB who was hurt for a year under CPJ and was injured earlier this year.

One would think that the Coaching staff would be able to determine what QB runs with the football better, but I guess not..Again that is Piss Poor Coaching and mis-management of players on the roster!
If we got Tobias wildcat there I think Pitt is good enough to stack the box and stop us. If Mason couldn’t get going against them I think they would easily eat up a Tobias run.

GTFLETCH

Banned
We are playing walk-ons on the OL and DL lines and QBs that no other P5s wanted at QB and you think it's coaching?
YES!!! this same team went to a bowl last year.... Losing to a FCS team is Coaching.... Just because a Coach decides that 1 Walk on OL fits best with a transfer from Ole Miss and Vandy and a Transfer TE from UConn and two other returners does not mean we should lose.....

Just becuase a 4 star recruit choose to decommit from VT and sign with GT and play QB means he sucks.... What sucks is the Coaching.... Unless this staff can recruit 5 star and 4 stars then they will have to improve their coaching if GT is ever going to makr a Bowl under this new regime!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
If we got Tobias wildcat there I think Pitt is good enough to stack the box and stop us. If Mason couldn’t get going against them I think they would easily eat up a Tobias run.
I couldn't say... I mean we win the USF game becuase of Tobias at QB, we almost win the Citadel game with Tobais... ( All this while the OC is playing musical QB during thegame and in some cases the same drive) I do agree that Pitt defense was good at stopping the runn, JG looked slow, and LJ was hurt trying to run... But every interview I hear the Coaches say that Tobias is super athletic and can play multiple spots.... Seems like they are struggling with how to get him the ball... again Piss Poor game planning and coaching.... I mean it is not like we had two week s to prep for Pitt.... Oh wait they did and the coaches failed....