CGC post UCF Press Conference

TwinTownTony

Jolly Good Fellow
Very mature responses from the athletes. You can tell they believe in themselves and have team first mentalities. This year may be bumpy but I think the next two years will be very exciting.

patrickr21

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ll say that last year while I liked the some of the new energy around the program, I wasn’t a fan of Collins and his game day coaching. His press conference especially annoyed the piss out of me as it was all about culture and transition and little about X&O football (which is 180 from CPJ). Obviously, this is an outside perspective and I have no idea how he coaches in person.

From reading the ajc excerpt, I like that he isn’t making (or allowing the team to make) excuses for being young or injuries. He says it over and over again in this interview and in the post game radio interview, “guys need to step and make plays”. No excuses. I’m encouraged by this. Not saying he wasn’t doing that last year, but I didn’t hear it in his pressers (or maybe I was turning them off too soon).

I don’t know if Pnode is the right guy, but our offense is clearly better in multiple facets than it was last year. Off season training and S&C, moving guys to the right positions, teaching skill, technique, and scheme, and recruiting players for the system are contributing to our improvement. Our coaches are responsible for that!

It sucks waiting to see how we develop, and I want us to win every game right now. But the first 2 weeks of this season have me encouraged. I hope we continue on the trajectory, and I hope we get a boost recruiting the class THIS year.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Very mature responses from the athletes. You can tell they believe in themselves and have team first mentalities. This year may be bumpy but I think the next two years will be very exciting.

If we are able to get more talent and depth at the DL and LB positions, I agree that the next 2 years SHOULD be exciting improvement, but those are big ifs.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If we are able to get more talent and depth at the DL and LB positions, I agree that the next 2 years SHOULD be exciting improvement, but those are big ifs.
Agree, and to add, the improvement of those positions over the next 2 years will likely have to be addressed by players already in the program or by transfers. It is very difficult for true frosh and sophs to make a material difference at those positions from the get-go, unless we hit the jackpot in HS recruiting.

My non-expert view is we raised the floor of the future at the LB and DE spots via the 2020 class. The DT position remains a spot for the coaches to prove their chops in S&C and "5* development".

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I’ll say that last year while I liked the some of the new energy around the program, I wasn’t a fan of Collins and his game day coaching. His press conference especially annoyed the piss out of me as it was all about culture and transition and little about X&O football (which is 180 from CPJ). Obviously, this is an outside perspective and I have no idea how he coaches in person.

From reading the ajc excerpt, I like that he isn’t making (or allowing the team to make) excuses for being young or injuries. He says it over and over again in this interview and in the post game radio interview, “guys need to step and make plays”. No excuses. I’m encouraged by this. Not saying he wasn’t doing that last year, but I didn’t hear it in his pressers (or maybe I was turning them off too soon).

I don’t know if Pnode is the right guy, but our offense is clearly better in multiple facets than it was last year. Off season training and S&C, moving guys to the right positions, teaching skill, technique, and scheme, and recruiting players for the system are contributing to our improvement. Our coaches are responsible for that!

It sucks waiting to see how we develop, and I want us to win every game right now. But the first 2 weeks of this season have me encouraged. I hope we continue on the trajectory, and I hope we get a boost recruiting the class THIS year.
These are my exact sentiments right now. Very well put.

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
I was able to finally find the post game press video

I’m a big fan of CGC but I don’t like how he keeps his head down in a bad mood while taking questions.There’s no juice there

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I was able to finally find the post game press video

I’m a big fan of CGC but I don’t like how he keeps his head down in a bad mood while taking questions.There’s no juice there

When he puts his head down to focus on the question being asked? Its different when there is no one in the room with him and he can't even see the face asking him a question.

Edit to say* I'm pretty sure he has been doing this since virtual conferences started. He listens to the question, then looks into the camera and gives his answer.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
When he puts his head down to focus on the question being asked? Its different when there is no one in the room with him and he can't even see the face asking him a question.

Edit to say* I'm pretty sure he has been doing this since virtual conferences started. He listens to the question, then looks into the camera and gives his answer.
Correct - he's been doing this for a while. It's not because he lost a game.